Senior Application Programmer / Analyst - ETL
The Senior Application Programmer/Analyst-ETL position within the Business Intelligence group is responsible for developing, configuring, coding, testing and debugging new software solutions. The Senior Application Programmer/Analyst-ETL serves as a key technical resource in the development and delivery of data-oriented solutions tosupport critical business needs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Develops, tests and implements enterprise data movement (ETL and CDC) solutions.
• Addresses system defects and implements enhancements to existing functionality.
• Works with onshore/offshore team to analyze, develop and improve ETL run times aswell as produce accurate defect free code.
• Troubleshoots issues with minimal guidance, identifies bottlenecks in existing data workflows and provides solutions for a scalable, defect-free application.
• Complies with Company policy and practices relating to the System Development Life Cycle.
• Participates in the definition of application scope and objectives through research and fact finding.
• Maintains productive working relationships with project sponsors and key systems users.
• Develops effort estimates for assigned application software implementation activities.
• Provides Tier 3 support and resolution of open IT issues escalated by IT Customer Support.
• Supports production environment in the event of emergency.
• Provides performance tuning insight to project team and creates reusable objects and templates.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of workbeing performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list ofresponsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor's degree in IT or related field. (Required)
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in IT operations and support performing ETL using the Informatica tool set. (Required)
• Minimum of 3 years of experience working on large data initiatives (>5 terabytes).
• Experience in the design and development of ETL workflows.
• Experience working with job scheduler and monitoring tools.
• Experience working with relational database technology.
• Experience with SQL scripting languages (SSIS, PL/SQL, etc.)
• Experience with large enterprise-grade data warehouse solutions.
• Extensive experience working with Informatica.
• Experience working with Change Data Capture (CDC) technology.
• Experience with large database implementations (Oracle, SQL server, Teradata, IBM, etc.).
• Experience with Oracle Essbase.
• Experience with Big Data solutions including Hadoop.
• Experience working with dimensional modeling and slowly changing dimensions.
• Experience with Predictive Analytics and Forecasting.
• Strong analytical skills and focus on bottom-line results.
• Ability to conduct root cause analysis and performance tuning for complex business processes and functionality.
• Ability to interact with IT and business users across the organization to resolve issues and provide solutions in a timely manner.
Req #: 37207BR