A leading global investment firm, managing a wide range of investment funds worldwide across multiple asset classes is seeking a Senior Application Packager to join their team in New York. This firm encourages an entrepreneurial spirit and for people to strive for success. You will be empowered by top leaders in the industry to do your best work and propel your career forward.
This candidate will join a team that is committed to delivering enterprise class Windows Desktop builds and are responsible for all aspects of the design, configuration and integration of the Windows Desktops into the firm, whether on premise physical / VDI or off premise VDI. You will re-package, test, and certify current desktop application suite. The candidate will work with subject matter experts to ensure the functionality of in-house or third party software is fully tested for Windows 10 migration project. He/Se must have strong knowledge of Office plug-ins, application compatibility, and operating system user access control. The candidate must have extensive experience packaging applications for financial institutions including trading applications in support of migrating from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
- Application packaging experience in similar finance industry / hedge fund business is required.
- Experience working on Windows 7 to Windows 10 migration projects.
- Work with developers, application owners and subject matter experts to ensure successful automated installation of software.
- In depth knowledge and experience using software packaging tools, (e.g. InstallShield, Orca, App-V sequencer, Wise, Vbscript).
- Automation and scripting using Powershell
- Configuring PowerBroker policies to support application elevation in a locked down environment
- Knowledge in application discovery of installed applications and integration into CMDB a plus.
- Strong troubleshooting mind-set (e.g. parsing event log, Sysinternals, analyzing memory dumps)
- General knowledge of user profile management (Citrix UPM, WEM, Flex, Appsense, UE-V).
- Knowledge and experience deploying applications through Altiris ITMS (preferred) or SCCM.
- Experience building and using application testing tools and frameworks in support of Windows As A Service and automated application lifecycle management