Senior Application Manager
8 - 10 years experience • Healthcare IT
Company: A LARGEST NOT-FOR-PROFIT NETWORK OF COMMUNITY AND SPECIALTY HOSPITAL
Position Title: SENIOR APPLICATION MANAGER
Location: ORLANDO, FL
Description: The Senior Application Manager leads and manages teams who develop, implement, maintain and/or support multi-user software applications. Also develops and enforces related technical standards and methodologies
- Works collaboratively with Clinical Informatics, Physicians, Clinicians and other IS team members to implement, maintain and support clinical-based information technologies. Develops team member competencies with regard to Clinical Informatics and Physician/Clinician computing.
- Manage the Application Services operating expense budget
- Updating of existing software which includes production software change management, release management and quality assurance
- Assures the integrity and successful implementation of new software and upgrades, both vendor supplied and internally developed
- Develops and/or executes detailed project plans that are communicated throughout the organization
- Works closely with software vendors to ensure the organization purchases the appropriate systems and receives acceptable support services at competitive rates
- Manages vendor software support activities, maintenance agreements, and maintenance costs and serves as a key organizational contact for vendors
- Directs team members to ensure strategic and tactical application-related goals are met efficiently and cost-effectively
- Recruits and retains qualified staff and provides appropriate and necessary training and hands-on experience to improve performance and job knowledge.
- Provides mentoring and career development to Managers and team members within the Application Services area.
- Establishes open and positive working relationships with IS, corporate and hospital staff and management.
- Creates a climate of empowerment and trust for IS team members.
- Manages IS team member issues with honesty, compassion, impartiality and responsiveness.
- Manages various human resources functions including hiring, work assignments, coaching plans, and performance counseling.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with their policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains current knowledge of HIPAA, privacy and confidentiality standards to ensure both vendor and internally developed software applications are compliant.
- Coordinates testing, implementation, optimization, upgrades, support, and maintenance of clinical systems.
- Create valid and thorough test scenarios and data. Perform function and system testing and assist in parallel, integrated, and usability system testing.
- Carry out methodical execution of test plans.
- Develop thorough test data and scenarios, coordinate efforts with others as needed and review test results with department Supervisors.
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant years of professional work experience
- Minimum seven (7) years of work experience in information technology or healthcare field
- At least five (5) years of professional work experience in a management role.
- Broad experience with healthcare-specific software applications and healthcare organizations.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
It is one of Central Florida’s largest employers. This is where you can find a career with a family of caregivers – each focused on helping our patients. No matter your role, you’ll play a part in providing patient-focused care in a supportive, encouraging environment. It is a private, not-for-profit network of community and specialty hospitals. It is Central Florida's fifth largest employer with nearly 14,000 employees and it is an 808-bed level one trauma center and tertiary hospital.
ABOUT HALLMARK HEALTHCARE SOLUTIONS:
A global healthcare consulting and technology firm, focused on helping hospitals optimize their workforce in the most fiscally responsible and efficient manner. Over the years, Hallmark Healthcare (HHS) has helped hospitals and health systems of all sizes lean their staffing process, standardize practices across locations, optimize and right size the workforce, improve their efficiency, and achieve fiscal responsibility through our best-in-class strategic workforce consulting and software solutions.