The Role: The Application Engineer position will provide technical and commercial support to all customers. Work efforts include technical support such as specification review, product selection and order feasibility; project management including order execution and follow up; external customer touch calls; and engagement in special projects to support continuous improvement to increase productivity and reduce cycle time while increasing legendary customer service.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Support sales channel partners and other external customers by providing pre through post-sales technical and commercial support.
- Provide Application Engineering support to customers with design and proposal of Xylem's systems; specification review for the purposes of identifying and facilitating pre-bid needs
- Prepare customer proposals and quote letters for assigned projects. Includes project takeoffs, specification review, and special quote generation.
- Coordinate with Sustaining Engineering team for technical support. Act as a liaison between Sustaining Engineering and the customer.
- Develop technical depth and understanding of Xylem product and application knowledge
- Handle quote to cash process. Work to maximize appropriate additional change orders. Prepare cost estimates, proposals and work with sales in negotiating final price and customer acceptance resulting from scope of supply changes / change orders.
- Coordinate shipping processes to meet project schedule requirements. Review equipment order status reports as needed, to identify critical delivery requirements. Coordinate equipment delivery requirements with the Customer.
- Utilize Customer Relationship Management (CRM), quotation and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools to input new data and maintain existing data to current status to support internal and external customer interactions and needs
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent and 10+ years experience required
- Create legendary customer service experiences for all customers
- Provide support as requested for technical education and training on product application software tools, technical product information, process flow or general customer support to other sales support positions.
- Participate in special projects to create best practices, improve processes, create training tools or to support Xylem initiatives as determined and conduct related presentations or training sessions