The Product Specialist AE will use his/her technical knowledge and presentation skills in activities that directly and indirectly boost product sales. These activities include:
Supporting & interacting directly with customers
The AE will use their product knowledge and industry experience to engage prospective customers and demonstrate how MATLAB can help them design and deploy wireless and wired systems. The AE will also gather feedback and identify industry trends during these engagements to contribute to future development and marketing initiatives.
Developing product “proof-of-concept” demonstrations
AEs build feature rich product demonstrations providing guidance to customers on how to use software to develop and deploy systems that include baseband processing, RF and Analog-Mixed Signal circuitry. These demonstrations are the proof that our software tools can solve complex, real-world problems.
The AE will use MATLAB, Simulink, Communications System Toolbox, LTE System Toolbox, Phased Array System Toolbox, Antenna Toolbox, RF Blockset, and other related tools to:
- Design, analyze, and simulate models across many diverse applications areas including Wireless, High speed Wired Communications and Radar.
- Model RF impairments and algorithms that mitigate them.
- Create application examples that use MathWorks tools and third party tools from Agilent, Cadence and Mentor to demonstrate workflows to customers.
Publication of Articles and Delivery of Seminar and Trade Show Presentations
AEs publish articles in trade journals and engineering publications that highlight the best features for product applications. In addition, they develop and present to large audiences at industry trade shows. They are the key technical presenter at marketing seminars where they demonstrate our technology to audience members ranging from industry to academia.
Collaborate with development to impact our products
AEs collaborate and work closely with product development to fill product feature gaps and provide requirements for new features
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Candidates must be willing to travel 25% to 50% of the time
- Exceptional oral and written communication
- Excellence in presenting & presentation building
- Strong knowledge of Wireless, High-Speed Wired communications, or Radar impairments and algorithms such as:
- Noise and Channel coding
- Non-linearity and Distortion compensation
- Timing drift and Synchronization
- Non-ideal frequency response and Equalization