As an Application Engineer (AE) you will influence and shape the workflows and design methodologies of leading technology companies by driving the systematic adoption of Technical Computing and Model-Based Design. In this technical sales role, you will partner with engineers and managers as a trusted technical advisor and help them advance their ability to make data driven business decisions and improve their product development processes.
Leverage your industry experience and technical expertise in signal processing, image processing, machine learning, deep learning, modeling and simulation, or embedded software to understand customer workflows and communicate how MathWorks products can accelerate the pace of their development and innovation. You will spend most of your time working closely with some of our largest tech customers who develop an array of products including audio/signal processing systems, image/video processing systems, wireless systems, autonomous systems, and more.
This position is located in Santa Clara, CA and travel could be up to 40% generally throughout North America.
- Collaborate with sales representatives, other technical specialists, and marketing stakeholders at MathWorks in creating and executing an overall account development plan.
- Engage with prospective customers (from engineers to executives) to understand their workflows and use this knowledge to recommend effective solutions.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and product demonstrations that highlight how MathWorks tools address customer needs.
- Coordinate with other technical specialists to address customer needs in specialized application areas.
- Advocate for the future direction of MathWorks products based on customer interactions.
- Identify new application areas and working with development and marketing to create compelling messaging and demonstrations.
- Experience with MATLAB
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with development of audio processing systems
- Experience with image processing and development of computer vision systems
- Experience with wireless development processes
- Experience with development of machine/deep learning algorithms
- Experience with control system design
- Demonstrated ability to influence internal development processes
- Technical sales experience