We are seeking a proactive individual to drive our Technical Computing and Model-Based Design products in various industries (e.g., Radar, Communications, automotive, Aerospace & Defense) for new and existing markets in the Americas. In this pre-sales role, you will leverage your experiences to understand and effectively communicate the benefits of MathWorks tools to a wide range of engineering customers. You will spend most of your time working with engineers to understand their technical and business challenges and proposing solutions for developing their systems.
We offer positions in various locations throughout the U.S. - learn more from the recruiter. Expect to travel about 30-40% of the time with trips generally no longer than four weekdays.Travel will include domesticand international travel across the Americas. Responsibilities
Day to day responsibilities:
- The primary role is to support the technical portions of the Sales and Marketing process with respect to MATLAB, Simulink and related toolboxes.
- Engage with prospective customers to understand their workflow and use this knowledge to recommend effective solutions.
- Advocate for the future direction of MathWorks products based on customer interactions.
- Contribute to continual improvement of customers' methodologies, best practices, tools and techniques for more effective product usage.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction through proactive communication and ownership of issues.
- Partner with Sales to develop and drive shared account goals/objectives aligned with the customer's vision of success.
Identify new application areas and work with Marketing to create compelling messaging and demonstrations to attract new customers/prospects, by delivering this content at large and small events. Minimum Qualifications
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Candidates must be willing to travel 25% to 50% of the time
- MS Engineering or science degree + industry experience
- Engineering degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in the design and development of engineering systems
- MATLAB or Simulink experience
- Experience in a relevant technical industry (e.g., Aerospace, Communication/Electronics, Automotive, Energy Production, ADAS)
- Ph.D in Engineering or science discipline
- Experience with C/C++
- Experience in a customer facing role (Marketing, Application Engineering, Training, Tech Support, Sales, etc.)
- Job: 25873-TREM
- Location: US-MA-Natick
- Department: Technical Sales Engineering
Working at MathWorks: Customer-Facing Technical Roles.
2:02Video length is 2:02.
Working at MathWorks: Customer-Facing Technical Roles