A Fusion Senior Application Engineer collaborates with Product Management to build out secure, scalable, high quality code that enables our customers to be successful. Specifically, they:
- Translate User Stories into secure, scalable, and high quality code on the Force.com platform
- Debug and solve complex issues across the application and 3rd party integrations as needed
- Collaborate and engage with Fusion's Product Management team to clarify requirements formally during sprint grooming sessions, as well as informally during sprint build activities
- Recommend potential technical solutions and feature trade-offs for user stories to Product Management
- Collaborate with Technical Architects on solution design decisions, prototypes, and technical roadmap considerations.
- Provide engineering task lists and estimates for user stories during sprint planning sessions and update estimates as new information is discovered during sprint build activities
- Facilitate code reviews for authored code and participate in reviewing fellow engineers' code, providing constructive feedback regarding code structure, security, and stability
- Engage fellow engineers in knowledge transfer sessions sharing best practices, lessons learned, or other technical findings of interest to the engineering team
- Mentor fellow Engineers on the Fusion Framework's managed packages, as well as Salesforce platform best practices
- Escalate risks to Product Management early and often as they present themselves during sprint build activities
- Lead frequent formal and informal development build demonstrations for Product Management throughout Sprints to communicate status, user story functionality built to-date, and allow for Product Management changes as needed
- Occasionally, as needed, collaborate with the Delivery and Support teams
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- B.S. Degree in any of the following areas: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Management Systems, Mathematics, or related STEM degree
- Strong written, communication, and collaboration skills
- Ability to solve ambiguous and/or complex technical challenges that span across multiple application tiers and cloud providers (Force.com, 3rd Party Integration Products, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of how technical debt can accrue across a product portfolio, and has expertise mitigating technical debt in a product portfolio.
- Salesforce Platform Developer I Certification, or ability to obtain the certification within 6 months of employment
- Knowledge of application security best practices including OWASP vulnerabilities and the corresponding Force.com features that protect against them
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for innovation in a late-stage startup environment
- Engineering experience with a range of technology stacks (Java, .NET, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, etc)
- Expertise in the Business Continuity Management space with a thorough understanding of BC/DR Planning, Business Impact Analysis, Incident & Crisis Management, Emergency Notification Systems, and ITIL principals.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Agile Development Methodology Expertise (SCRUM Developer certification preferred)
- Any of the following certifications: Salesforce Platform Developer II, Salesforce Integration Architecture Designer, or Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer
- 4+ years' experience on the Force.com Platform as a Developer or Engineer
- 6+ years of total enterprise software engineering experience.