We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Senior Application Engineer
Responsible for customer technical interface and AAM program team engineering representative. Responsible to negotiate requirements with customer and align with AAM internal engineering project timeline. Stay abreast of customer long range product plans (LRPP’s), corporate requirements and engineering standards. Point of contact for customer engineering to AAM program team. Acts as engineering interface to AAM program team. Responsible to establish cost requests for customer driven changes with AAM program team. Negotiates requirements (agree/disagree matrices) with AAM customers. Point of contact from customer to program team and AAM Principal Systems Engineer, to ensure complete alignment on definition and successful delivery of customer program and internal AAM project requirements
- Has overall responsibility for the customer and AAM program team interface from concept design through full manufacturing launch in accordance with PE-PDP and program launch gate deliverables.
- Must represent engineering in internal AAM Program Launch Team meetings and customer Program Development Team meetings, to ensure customer/program milestones and deliverables are met.
- Working with sales colleagues, supports developing opportunities that enhance AAM’s profitability, customer profile and growth.
- Utilizing AAM’s cost request system, when a customer driven change needs to be evaluated and cost impact provided back to the customer.
- Identifies and challenges customer to ensure requirement changes are properly identified, documented and appropriately responded to.
- Will serve as the engineering leader of the product launch team (PLT), working with manufacturing and purchasing to ensure release of designs aligned with AAM business case expectations.
- Leads customer peer reviews and supports internal AAM monthly engineering project status reviews throughout process.
- Supports Core Systems Engineering in creating engineering project plans, and is responsible to ensure they meet customer/program milestones and deliverables.
- Ensure all new customer projects are developed in accordance with the approved product strategy and technology roadmap.
- Actively share learning and contribute to continuous improvement initiative.
- All other duties as assigned.
Driveline product design experience required – 7-10 years.
Ability to travel 15%.