Everyone knows Starbucks is a leader in coffee, but did you know we’re also cited as an industry leader in embracing innovative technology? Our product design and development teams are working to revolutionize the way that our customers interact with Starbucks both inside and outside of our stores.
The Global Digital Products team builds the applications that are used by our customers every day. We are currently working to build out a new UI/UX orchestration platform that supports all our clients. This platform will provide a robust and flexible API for the clients while scaling to millions of requests a day.
In this role you will be a key contributor to the development of this platform that will be a key part of Starbucks technology and architecture moving forward. The ideal candidate will want to work closely with our client teams to develop APIs which makes the development process easier and faster while also maintaining a focus on scalability and reliability. Thinking customer & developer first is key!
If you are driven by innovation, technical challenges, andwant to be a part of some amazing, industry-leading work, join us.What you’ll be doing…
- Developing robust APIs and schema in GraphQL that will support our clients
- Working closely with client teams to determine what pain points they have and proposing solutions which help solve these problems.
- Focusing on performance and quality. Having a dev-ops mindset to ensure that our platform is always running, available without issues
- Presented with at times ambiguous problems and working to come up with creative solutions
Skills you should have…
- A customer first mind set, building a great platform revolves around the customer experiences we can unlock and enable!
- Strong software development and architectureexperience
- Experience with Node.js and GraphQL is a strong positive!
- Experience developing APIs and data-schemas
- Experience with developing and maintaining applications that can run at large scale
- Ability & desire to work closely across multiple teams and disciplines
- Ability to work in an agile environment and think how can we develop and ship incrementally
- Expertise in engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle including test-driven development, continuous integration and delivery, code reviews and paired programming, etc...
Other skills we’d like you to have…
- Knowledge and experience working with migrating and maintaining applications in a cloud environment
- The ability to keep work fun while still getting things done
- Passion about current technology and new trends
- Desire to continually push the boundaries of what is possible.