Selective is seeking a Sr. Developer who will use their extensive knowledge of data visualization and reporting technologies, to design, develop, and maintain reporting and dashboarding solutions.
- Design data visualizations such as reports and interactive dashboards that are intuitive and elegant
- Establish design templates that can be easily reused, user-friendly and adheres to design principles
- Play a strong hands-on role in the implementation of the analytics solutions operating in Agile framework
- Develop automated testing for analytics solutions
- Meet with business unit representatives to define and evaluate moderately complex business automation needs.
- Analysis, design, development and testing of data and analytic systems.
- Generate, test, and document program code. Debug and resolve moderate to complex problems.
- Independently perform problem determination and resolution in the production environment.
- Prepare system documentation as required.
- Gain extensive working knowledge of business data and user functions. Share knowledge and train junior developers and power users.
- Responsible to get training as needed.
- Solid experience with at least one major Business Intelligence tool such as (Tableau, Power BI, SSRS, Cognos)
- Strong SQL programming skills
- .Proven knowledge of data visualization best practices and ability to create stunning dashboards that tell a clear, contextual story
- Must have an eye for design and find the sweet spot between beauty and functionality
- Breadth and depth of knowledge in BI concepts, methodologies and architectures.
- Highly adept at troubleshooting and problem-solving; open to and adaptive to change
- Strong ability to understand and work with data
- Worked with or exposure to Big Data sources
- Strong personal integrity and work ethic; takes responsibility and likes to be held accountable for results; is constantly a top performer and can be counted on to exceed goals.
- Very strong communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Familiarity with related development environments.
- College degree in Computer Science, Management Information Science or related field preferred.
- Three to five years of programmer/analyst experience.