What you get to do in this role:
What does ServiceNow do? We build Apps for businesses & have our own Cloud Platform to run them. Why does that matter to you? Most all-star developers envision themselves building their own company someday. Join our Applications Development team and learn what makes businesses more successful. Become more than a developer with us - learn how to exercise judgment on what to build & why businesses will love it.
Sample projects: Build and launch an App Store, Create new data visualizations & analytics for businesses, Infuse social collaboration across Apps.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 7-10 years of hands-on experience developing software
- Care about performance & has experience scaling Apps
- Knows or wants to learn how to translate business problems into software & technical requirements
- Likes to write code that works well, takes pride in code working correctly the first time
- Likes to write code from the foundation up i.e. has a natural tendency to build the core piece and layer on capabilities step-by-step
- Cannot imagine anything other than an Agile development environment
- Can use Eclipse IDE, J2EE, SQL, Maven, Jason, Ajax, HTML, jQuery, XML, Pl/Sql and Ant or equivalent
- Experience working frameworks like Spring, Struts, MVC, Hibernate, iBatis
- Experience working with Service Now Service Management or Platform
- Understand Customer Relationship Management (CRM)/ Partner Relationship Management (PRM)/ Marketing domains well.
- Has exposure working technically in applications like Eloqua, Inside Sales etc
- Has technical experience building web services using REST/SOAP based APIs.
- Adept at diagnosing complex issues and troubleshooting code
- Has high coding standards & can maintain them even when the pressure is on
- Perform unit/ integration testing. Review code/ do technical analysis/ create technical designs (documents).
- Is a developer at heart & thinks OO first
- Has a Bachelor’s degree or better in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline