This position reports to the Manager, Applications and is located at our North American Headquarters in Downtown Houston. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan and employee discounts.
- Collaborate with IT business analyst team members and business clients to understand solution requirements and translate requirements into functional and technical design documents.
- Design, develop, implement, support and maintain multi-tier public and internal web applications based on business requirements.
- Work independently through the full application development lifecycle process.
- Provide work estimates for work assignments to deliver solutions on schedule and on budget.
- Follow custom development policies, standards and guidelines for application development, change management and support. Participate in standards and guidelines design and documentation.
- Lead research and coordinate exploratory work across teams to resolve and implement solutions for complex problems.
- Monitor incident management queue. Efficiently resolve, report and close active issues.
- Continuously improve development skills to stay current with latest custom application development technologies.
- Stay current on LyondellBasell IT strategies and standards and influence customers in support of the strategies and standards.
- Lead development teams on assigned projects, as required.
Required Technology Experience
- MS .NET Framework
- MVC 3 and higher
- MS SQL 2008 and higher
- HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, Ajax, Bootstrap
- IIS configuration to support web applications
- MS Team Foundation Server
- MS Visual Studio development tools
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, engineering, business or related field with minimum 8 years’ related job experiencepreferred; Non-degreed professionals with minimum of 10 years’ related job experience.
- Minimum 8 years of experience designing and developing web applications using a variety of Microsoft software development tools.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the full custom application development lifecycle; requirements gathering, functional and technical design, development, build, installation, documentation, and code management.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple issues at one time.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to perform complex systems analysis and draw conclusions by relating information from different sources, including root-cause analysis and issue resolution.
- Ability to manage tasks and projects effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to apply strong communication skills to resolve conflict professionally and routinely interact in cross-functional groups.
- Experience in documenting and applying IT standards.
- Experience working in a global corporate IT department supporting enterprise applications.
- Experience in designing and developing UX and UI design for web applications.
- Experience in MS SharePoint 2010