Command Alkon is looking for a Senior Application Developer to join team whose mission is to re-architect, design, and modernize one of the company’s core business systems. The ideal candidate for this position must possess a strong technical background includingexperience in application design and hands on development. Since the target state for the application will be service-based, the Senior Application Developer should haveexperience working on multiple service based projects of medium to large scale; ideally from project inception to release. The role also calls for an individual who can effectively communicate across multiple teams, solve complex issues, and collaborate with other development team members.
What you'll do:
- Technical leadership and best practice guidance across all platforms. Partner with other IT teams to advance the technical requirements of the system. Build and maintain strong working relationships with the key IT teams.
- Application development – Proof of Concepts; Development Projects. Develop multiple application tiers, following the technical standards for the new application.
- Technical documentation (Acceptance Criteria, Story Tasking, etc.)
- Engage with business & technology stakeholders in idealization & solution creation
- Project define, Plan, and Estimate own tasks required to complete assigned system functionality captured through user stories.
- Leader in automated unit, API and functional testing. Work with key business stakeholders to understand business needs and identify new solutions to key business needs.
- Troubleshoot and debug technical issues in a variety of application environments
- Create/Write system design, develop, and test (unit, integration, etc.) code in accordance with development team standards.
- Identify any technical risk or gaps within the system and recommend alternate mitigation approaches. Openly share ideas on new approaches with the team and mentor other team members on.
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor's or Master in Computer Science
- You have a minimum 5 years of experience in design, application development, testing and implementation.
- You are proficient in creating functional, nonfunctional, and system solution design artifacts
- You have experience with:
- RESTful Services
- .Net Framework
- You have experienceworking withagile methodologies
- You have experience in working with a Cloud Environment
- Proven ability to influence and lead software delivery efforts.
- Experience in 2 or more large conversion projects from one technology to another.