Alpharetta GA, Birmingham AL, Dallas TX, Downers Grove IL, Jacksonville FLDetails
Kemper is one of the nation's leading specialized insurers. Our success is a direct reflection of the talented and diverse people who make a positive difference in the lives of our customers every day. We believe a high-performing culture, valuable opportunities for personal development and professional challenge, and a healthy work-life balance can be highly motivating and productive. Kemper's products and services are making a real difference to our customers, who have unique and evolving needs. By joining our team, you are helping to provide an experience to our stakeholders that delivers on our promises.
The senior application developer role is to write code, test, and analyze software programs and web-based applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production life cycle. The developer will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion, provide weekly status reports, and suggest code improvement, where applicable.
- Consistently develop, translate, and innovate software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Perform application development work on web-based applications: introducing new functionality, extending existing functionality, and maintaining the existing codebase.
- Collaboratively work with customers to conceptualize and develop new features and functionality.
- Lead in the preparation and documentation of program requirements and code specifications for projects.
- Conduct research on merging software products, languages, and standards in support of development efforts.
- Actively collaborate with, and provide mentorship to team members.
- Candidates should have 6+ years experience and a solid understanding of the following skills:
o Software engineering practices using Object Oriented design patterns
o Building web applications using APIs and services (REST, SOAP)
o System building/debugging/testing skills
o Experience using frameworks such as ColdBox, Spring, Scala, Laravel, or ASP.NET MVC
- Experience using source code control management using GIT (Github, BitBucket, Team Foundation Server)
- Experience working within an agile development process, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with microservice, cloud and container technologies a plus.
- The candidate must demonstrate an ability to proactively analyze problems, identify their causes, and explain these to others.
- Good communication skills are essential, and technical writing skills are valued.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University in the field of computer science or software engineering; Successful completion of a Development Bootcamp; 6-10+ years equivalent professional experience.
- Insurance industry knowledge a plus
Kemper is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We are committed to supporting diversity and equality across our organization and we work diligently to maintain a workplace free from discrimination.
Kemper does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Kemper and Kemper will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.#LI-PB1