Husch Blackwell LLP is a full-service litigation and business law firm with multiple locations across the United States, serving clients with domestic and international operations. We have an immediate opening for a Senior Application Developer in our Chicago, Kansas City, or St. Louis office.
The Senior Application Developerworks with and leads other developers. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and installs both new programs/technologies and changes to existing programs/technologies of a complex nature. Designs programs/technologies under the direction of supervisor with focus on internal and external clients, including but not limited to: attorneys, paralegals, administrative staff, and clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and maintain applications using a variety of technologies that support multiple lines of Business and IT initiatives
- Work with and lead other developers to define and document the architecture and development patterns and best practices.
- Design, monitor and maintain systems for a high level performance, security and availability.
- Monitoring, troubleshooting, and analysis of systems
- Research and development of new technologies
- Unit testing ,System and User Acceptance Testing, Security Testing
- Work as a technical lead for development efforts and mentor other team members
- Identify and communicate the need for resources for tasks or areas assigned.
- Develop applications in an agile environment
- Analyze end user data needs and develops user-oriented solutions which interface with existing applications.
- Write structured application/interface code from specifications conforming to established methodology and standards.
- Participate in code reviews to represent reviewed work for adherence to standards and specifications.
- Write or revise program documentation, operations documentation, and user guides in accordance with standards.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for the use of new technology.
- Other duties as defined by management
- 5 years’ relevant experiencerequired, preferably in professional services.
- Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in Computer Science or Information Systems; or combination of education and commensurate work experiencerequired.
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent working knowledge of application development using Microsoft .Net, C#, ASP.Net and SQL Server
- Experience building applications on the .Net platform in a hosted Web/SaaS environment
- Develop and implement SQL scripts, Stored Procedures and ETL processes
- Web Services, XML, SOA, REST, JSON
- ASP.NET MVC
- Web API
- Responsive Design (using HTML5, Bootstrap Angular JS or similar)
- Strong Web Design skills
- Sound understanding of application life cycles and client/server architectures in an enterprise environment
Bachelors or better in Information Technology or related field.
5 years:Relevant experience, preferably in professional services