Senior Application Developer (Java and Python)
Our client is a well-known capital management and electronic trading firm.
They are looking to hire a Senior Application Developer with a background in Python and Java, with experience working extensively with AWS. This position is based in New York.
You will be joining a team responsible for multiple internal streaming data processing systems, primarily dealing with post-trade and PnL compiling.
You will be developing microservice-based solutions aimed at facilitating data processing, enhancements to current real-time position applications and risk management.
- Strong level in Python and Java (5+ years’ developing in an enterprise environment)
- A strong understanding of electronic trading and transaction processes (experience in the financial services industry is ideal)
- An understanding of service oriented architecture and microservices.
- An understanding of how capital markets function
- Strong understanding of HTTP protocols, RESTful services, and processing large volumes of streaming data
- Experience working as a lead (2+ years)
- Strong experienceworking with continuous integration software (i.e. Jenkins)
- Excellent understanding of AWS infrastructure
- Equal facility with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with database design is a bonus