Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic, growing business unit within Amazon.com. Since early 2006, AWS has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure platform in the cloud. Using AWS, companies can requisition compute power, storage, and other services - gaining access to a global computing infrastructure that is the backbone of Amazon.com's multi-billion dollar retail business. Today, AWS provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers millions of active monthly customers from start-ups to multi-national corporations to governments.
AWS was named as the leader in the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Magic Quadrant report for the ninth consecutive year in 2019. The AWS Cloud now spans 69 Availability Zones within 22 geographic Regions around the world, and has announced plans for thirteen more Availability Zones and four more AWS Regions in Indonesia, Italy, South Africa, and Spain. Innovation is in our DNA. Our approach to product development and delivery is fundamentally different than other technology companies, which has allowed us to ensure that our customers have the broadest, deepest, and most secure platform to build transformational applications and services. In 2019, AWS continued to accelerate its pace of innovation by releasing more than 1,400 significant services and features.
AWS Professional Services (ProServe) consultants help Customers, Partners and Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) achieve breakthrough business results by leveraging the AWS platform. They collaborate with customers and partners to address security and compliance, performance and scale, availability and manageability, and agility and innovation. They enable customers to migrate and modernize existing systems and build new systems using the full range of AWS services.
Are you interested in joining an exciting new team in AWS Professional Services that is focused on helping Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) achieve long-term success with AWS business, operational and technology innovations? The ISV Incubation Practice is committed to leading the mission of guiding the transformation, modernization and optimization of ISVs and their platforms by bringing to bear our technical expertise, service development experience, business thought leadership, cloud operational excellence, and differentiating AWS products. This practice is responsible for creating and going to market with ProServe offerings that demonstrate value across the lifecycle of the ISV's cloud transformation journey from business case through value realization based on product to service modernization, innovation agility, channel growth, market expansion, upward revenue growth, and cost savings.
We are looking for a highly talented hands on application architect and developer to help accelerate our growing Application Migration and Modernization business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also using and expanding your skills working hands on with the future of everything. In this role as an experienced cloud application architect and developer, you will work with our customers in architecting, developing and re-engineering products and applications that can fully leverage the AWS Cloud. You will work on a variety of game changing projects, at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption. Achieving success will require coordination across many internal AWS teams and external AWS Partners, with impact and visibility at the highest levels of the company.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ABILITIES INCLUDE:
We are looking for a hands on architect and developer who are passionate about:
• Collaborating with ISVs to define and invent cloud-native reference architectures for a variety of use cases, including modernizing monolithic and legacy software to a SaaS solution
• Helping customers architect scalable, highly available products, SaaS solutions and custom applications that leverage AWS services
• Co-developing AWS cloud optimized software products, SaaS solutions and custom applications
• Working as a technical leader alongside customer business, development and infrastructure teams
• Providing deep software development knowledge with respect to cloud architecture, design patterns and development
• Advising and implementing AWS best practices
• Applying agile software development and DevOps methodologies
• Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment.
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants will be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age
• Hands-on experience modernizing ISVs to become a SaaS provider
• Hands on programming skills in multiple of the following: Java, .NET (C#), Python, Node.js, Ruby, C/C++, or Scala
• Hands on development skills with relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL) or NoSQL databases (Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB)
• Experience diagnosing performance problems and tuning code, SQL, and deployment architectures to improve performance
• Experience migrating applications from one OS to another (ex. Solaris to Linux) or from one database to another (ex. Informix to Oracle)
• Experience designing and building applications using AWS services such as EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS OpsWorks
• Experience with unit or automated testing tools (e.g. Junit, TestNG)
• Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
• Integration of AWS cloud services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
• Experience in migrating applications from a commercial database engine to an open source database engine
• Advanced degrees in information systems, engineering and/or business
Valid through: 11/12/2020