Senior Application Developer IoT
Redmond, Washington, United States
2 days ago
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Join our Talent Network
CBRE Technical and Engineering Services: Join Our Team
CBRE’s Technical and Engineering Services has opportunities for professionals with HVAC, electrical, plumbing, material handling and other trade skills within facilities maintenance—from entry-level to seasoned management, we have a career for you. Start your journey: https://www.cbre.us/about/careers/technical-trades
We are looking for a qualified Application Developer to design and code functional programs and applications. You will work as part of a team and individually with little supervision.
A qualified Application Developer has excellent knowledge of C# and VisualBasic.NET. They must be familiar with a variety of Building Automation Systems and various operating systems and platforms. The ideal candidate will also have an analytical mindset and a keen eye for detail.
The goal is to write "clean" and flawless code to produce fully functional software applications according to requirements.
- Understand client requirements and how they translate in application features
- Collaborate with a team of IT professionals to set specifications for new applications
- Design creative prototypes according to specifications
- Write high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines
- Perform unit and integration testing before launch
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code
Additional Supervisory Responsibilities
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to co-workers. May lead project teams and/or plan and supervise assignments of lower level employees.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS} in a related field of work or equivalent work experience. Requires technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines/processes.
- Typically has 5 - 7 years of relevant work experience.
- Proven experience as application developer
- Experience in designing and building applications
- Ability to program in at least one programming language such as C#, VisualBasic.NET.
- In-depth knowledge of programming for diverse operating systems and platforms using development tools
- Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles.
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
- Great attention to detail and time-management skills
- Certified application developer is a plus
- Technical certifications in the specialty area, such as Microsoft. Proficient in Visual Studio, MS SQL, Python preferred.