Every day, we seek to improve financial security for people. Joining our Information Technology Applications team means you will be a part of a passionate and supportive team that believes what we do matters to our clients and investors.
This role is responsible for the delivery of custom software solutions used by internal clients within Russell’s Investment Division. The ideal candidate excels in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, agile software development environment. They will work collaboratively and independently throughout all phases of the software development lifecycle including requirements gathering, development, and deployment. They will learn and incorporate Russell IT standards, tooling, and practices while working to improve Russell’s software code quality, performance, and delivery.
Your Essential Responsibilities:
- Deliver maintainable, testable and reusable production quality code in a corporate financial environment using Agile development practices
- Use technical expertise combined with business acumen to envision and implement solutions to strategic business challenges, thereby using technology to differentiate Russell Investments in the market.
- Work directly with business units to implement features in existing software as well as to build new prototypes and software solutions
- Optimize application performance and stability by anticipating, investigating, and resolving problems ahead of time
- Conceptualize and be able to articulate solutions to team members and clients
- Take responsibility for the analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation of complex technical systems
- Consistently find and deliver new ways to develop and improve processes and technologies
- Act as a primary contact for users to address development questions and concerns
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with Russell Investments Core Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or business discipline, or equivalent work or education-related experience required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of Software Development experience required.
- Minimum 2 years financial services experience, CFA charter or CFA Investment Foundations certificate, or relevant degree preferred.
- Experience collaborating with multiple teams, including business unit teams, to deliver solutions through all aspects of the SDLC required.
- High proficiency with full stack development skills including UI, web, middle-tier, and database required.
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies required.
- Proven ability to stay current with emerging technologies as well as with new applications of existing technologies through work experience, academics, or self-study required.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery required.
- SQL database schema design experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interface with all domains and seniority levels in the organization.
- Experience with Git version control preferred.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.
- Ability to communicate clearly and build trusted relationships with others
- Ability to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency and enthusiasm
- Ability to ensure the (external or internal) client’s perspective is a driving force behind decisions and actions.
- Ability to be a collaborative team player with the ability to interact well with all levels of internal and external personnel and adapt to rapidly changing requirements