Designs, develops, installs, tests and documents complex applications software, including server, client, and web components. Contributes to the design and delivery of technical architecture solution components. Provides work guidance to less experienced personnel. May provide technical consulting on complex projects.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides more complex design documents and translates into component-level designs to accelerate development. Assists in developing strategy, design and data gathering approaches.
- Provides high level design expertise in support of development team efforts to provide flexible reusable components to increase cost effectiveness. Analyzes, designs and reviews design of applications and suites of applications to ensure that customer specifications are satisfied.
- Assists in overseeing relationships between application architects and development teams to ensure that product development and implementation are coordinated. Works with product development teams and senior designers in developing design requirements that are accurate and relevant to company needs. Recommends alternative courses of action as appropriate to meet requirement needs.
- Reviews and analyzes gathered information in technical research; evaluates tools and methodologies to ensure that designs adhere to current industry, client and company standards. Develops and provides technical documentation, participates and oversees test-plan development, integration and deployment.
- Assists in overseeing business process work sessions, project meetings and joint applications development sessions to ensure that product design decisions are communicated to departmental personnel.
- Functions as a domain expert and works closely with software developers to explain the application design, and coordinates activities between the two functions to enhance product quality and efficiency. Participates in cost analysis studies to determine feasibility of approaches.
- Utilizes experience in development methodologies, coding documentation, testing methodology and industry standards to define and develop project requirements, functional specifications and detailed design of application solutions for clients.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel. Guides the work of less experienced developers to create, maintain and communicate details of application designs to ensure that designs are according to specifications.
- May provides technical consulting on complex projects. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results.
Skilled in the following areas:
- Using SSIS as an ETL tool to design packages for high performance.
- Can develop SSIS script components and tasks using C# or VB.
- Designing multidimensional cubes in SSAS (creating calculations, actions, security).
- Developing parameterized/hierarchical reports in SSRS using SSAS as a data source.
- Knowledgeable using MDX and T-SQL to query data.
- Familiar with source control systems such as TFS
- Familiar with using Excel to analyze data.
- Good analytical, problem solving, creative thinking and design skills applicable to multiple products
- Good communication skills to communicate with application developers, customers, support personnel and management
- Mentoring and training skills to guide and direct work of less experienced specialists
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team