High performing team members. Challenging projects. A stable and profitable company. And a great place to work! This is what you can expect if you join the Catapult Systems team. Founded in 1993 and headquartered in Austin, Texas, Catapult is one of the top Microsoft National Solutions Providers (NSPs) in the U.S. and was recently named Microsoft's U.S. Partner of the Year.
It is a very exciting time of growth for Catapult Systems, and we are currently hiring a Senior Application Developer for our expanding corporate IT team in Austin, Texas.
What do we attribute our award-winning success to? The people we hire, of course! We provide you the tools and leadership that you need to be successful, and then let you do what you do best. We enable you to make decisions and we trust your judgment. This type of ownership and independence, and an ongoing commitment to solving real business problems through the innovative use of Microsoft technologies, has resulted in Catapult being voted one of the best places to work year after year!
What will my role be?
You will be joining Catapult’s corporate (internal) systems/applications development team and will be responsible for new application development as well as enhancements to existing line of business systems. Your customers will be Catapult employees rather than external clients, but the standards of professionalism, patience and a customer-focused mindset are just as critical to the success of this role. Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the analysis, design and architecture of new application/system specifications
- Developing and implementing the newly developed applications/systems
- Enhancing Catapult legacy system applications/systems
- Documenting the methods and procedures used in development
- Supporting and/or conducting end-user training to our internal users of the various applications/systems
- First and foremost, you should enjoy what you do and have a customer-focused mindset!
- 3-5+ years of experience in analysis, design, architecture, development, and deployment of software/web applications; full lifecycle development experience
- o Proven ability to define, design and implement scalable software architectures
- o Firm understanding of the Microsoft Solutions Framework; experience with the .NET Framework (C#, ASP.NET) and with custom ASP.NET MVC web applications
- Proficiency in SQL development
- Experience with agile development processes and concepts (SCRUM, iterative development, rapid application development…)
- Business analysis and requirements gathering experience
- Ability to work efficiently in teams and/or as an individual
- Ability to solve issues where analysis of the situation, data or other factors is required
- Ability to work within defined procedures and practices when determining an appropriate action
- Ability to interact effectively with management, staff and other functional business areas
- Good written and verbal communications
- Bachelors in Computer Science/Computer Information Systems/ Management Information Systems
- A fun attitude and great sense of humor!
What else would make me stand out?
- Experience in User Experience Design
- Software testing skills
- Microsoft SharePoint and/or Dynamics CRM experience
- Mobile solutions experience
- A love for craft beer :-)
So what are you waiting for?? If you are passionate about working with smart people that are committed to accomplishing great things, then apply today!
Catapult offers an outstanding benefits package including 401(k) match, paid time off, flex spending accounts, identity theft protection, and medical, dental, and life insurance – just to name a few.
Catapult was recently named a Texas Monthly magazine 2017 Best Place to Work!