Corporate IT is actively searching for experienced expert-level Application Architects who will leverage their technology skills to develop business solutions within the healthcare industry. The Application Architect role will be part of newly formed development teams within LabCorp and contribute to creating and implementing enterprise standards for a web service platform (RESTful APIs). The applicant will be challenged with cutting-edge technologies to provide a modern framework for Java/Linux-based solutions across virtualized machines, and hybrid cloud platforms (IaaS). As part of this transformational team the applicant will enable new business workflows for the company as well as help to build out a new IT infrastructure. These platforms enable rapid delivery for our IT teams. The prospective candidate will be engaged in a wide variety of work, including but not limited to web applications and web service development, platform development, automation, and coaching/mentoring of teams adopting the platforms. The Application Architect will provide technical leadership in our agile development teams. The role will include dealing with complex business integrations, eliciting requirements, and implementing secure and high-performance services consumed by various devices and applications across the organization. The applicant will drive the evolution of our solutions and ensure that we meet our internal and external clients' software requirements.
Most importantly, you'll be engaged in meaningful work for an organization that is committed to "helping people live longer and healthier lives" every day.
- Develops complex RESTful webservices in a cross-functional and agile development team
- Provides architectural guidance to the development team.
- Contributes to the SOA standards for the company
- Follows best practices for test-driven development (unit testing and beyond)
- Designs functional/system integration tests and automation.
- Collaborates with Business Analyst on product requirements analysis.
- Performs code and design reviews with peers.
- Conducts complex impact analysis.
- Contributes complex application architecture.
- Contributes complex technical alternatives.
- Pushes the envelope with innovative and creative thinking
- BachelorDegree in computer science or equivalent technical experience.
- 10+ yearexperience and expert knowledge of Java (7+) enterprise development.
- 3+ yearexperience with application architecture for large enterprise solutions.
- Expert knowledge of JEE compliant application servers (WebSphere preferred
- Excellent working experience with Spring, Hibernate, Maven, and other frameworks.
- Advanced knowledge of web service technologies like JAX-RS, JSON, JAXB, JAX-WS, WSDL.
- Advanced knowledge of highly efficient RDBMS SQL (e.g. DB2, Oracle).
- Experience with NoSQL implementations a plus (e.g., MongoDB, Hadoop).
- Work as a multi-skilled professional practicing Agile/SCRUM methodologies.
- Ability to coach and mentor junior developers as well as teams adopting the platforms.
- Strong knowledge of test-driven development and continuous integration.
- Passion for collaboration and working on agile teams.