What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
This position will provide senior level Appian business process management architecture, design, and development for both business driven and technology consolidation initiatives. Role will include participation into setting BPM standards, mentorship of junior designers, and design/development of processes. Responsible for overall design and implementation of process models, as well as help lead the management of backlog requests.
Essential Job Functions
1. Leads and evolves integrated solutions for our banking products.
2. Identifies, proposes, evaluates, estimates, and drives solutions with a combination of vendor products and custom software.
3. Drives software evaluations, solution architecture, technical designs and security designs to support growing business needs while thoroughly considering the system impact.
4. Leads projects from idea to implementation.
5. Proactively leads vendors and engineers to deliver high quality products with minimal defects.
6. Learns new technologies that will best deliver reliable integrated solutions.
7. Integrates complex web, middleware, and back end systems along with various vendor products.
8. Partners with the enterprise program office to contribute best practices and transform the organizations’ software development capabilities.
9. Partners with our business units, understands the strategy and driver for our products and make sure that our solutions meet the requirements.
10. Ensures projects are realistic, interesting, and fun for everyone involved.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
Bachelor's Degree in IS, Computer Science or a related field required
· 6-8 years information technology experience.
· 5-7 years Appian or similar Business Process Management designer experience preferred. Willing to learn Appian if you don’t already know it.
· 3-4 years JAVA development experience
· Experience in understanding Data Modeling and Architecture
· Deep level of understanding of various relational database design concepts including relational dimensional
· Experience with Oracle Database Queries.
· Highly motivated individual with the ability to work effectively with business users and management to achieve business goals