Job Title: Senior App Engineer/ Application Administrator - JAVA
Location: South San Francisco, CA
- Provide inputs to Support Leadership for decision making during Sev1, Sev2 and Sev 3 incidents
- Participate in RCA/post-mortem activities
- Provide internal and external customers with application specific support
- Drive cross-team collaboration, implementation, process and efficiency to ensure appropriate business response is met during training and sales cycles.
- Assist internal customers and coworkers and provide a high level of customer service when providing application support
- Maintain knowledge of current and new technologies, and research problems and related products required for assistance when necessary
- Act as the subject matter expert on applications and process support
- Ability to pick up on trending issues and make suggestions for a better process
- Prioritize the impact individual issues may have on day to day production
- Testing, training, QA, or other special projects as needed
- Document and create knowledge base articles and user guide
- Provide solutions for major escalations in complex environments in cooperation with development/support
- Own training and workshops
- Provide last level support on production issues
- Advise and participate in architecture level decisions and implementation projects
- Ability to quickly understand and articulate new product technical requirements.
- Drive Operational efficiency topics.
- Own, Lead and coordinate operational tasks, customer escalations, process improvements.
- Design and implement corrective measures as part of continuous improvement process
- Work closely with Internal/External Stakeholders, Development Architects/Managers & developers, across locations, to ensure timely delivery.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Expertise:
- Very good understanding of application server technologies JAVA / JVM, Ruby, .Net
- Very good understanding of databasetechnologiesMSSQL and MySQL, Oracle
- Medium or Advanced level of Linux server administration
- Good understanding of Internet technologies such as DNS
- Good understanding of infrastructuretechnologies such as backup, clustering and virtualization
- Web Server configuration and performance tuning like Apache/IIS
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, SSL, SFTP and debugging skills related to packet capturing and analysis using tools like Tcpdump/Wireshark
- Understanding of infrastructure and networking methodologies and practices Experience driving technical solutions
- Must have demonstrated ability to work in a team with diverse backgrounds in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Application/Platform/DB Operations Teams