About the role
- You’ll collaborate closely with a team of backend API developers, Android & iOS app developers, business system analysts, and architects to work on both new features and incremental improvements to the bank’s flagship mobile app and provide your technical expertise towards success of the development team.
- A typical day includes: working with product owners, business system analysts, architects, and other technical leads to solution new features, reviewing pull requests in Bitbucket, working on sprint tasks i.e. coding solutions, helping to triage any issues our quality assurance testers may find or any issue raised by production support, and communicating closely with the team on Slack throughout the day.
Are you the right person for this role?
- You’re interested in working on a large-scale product and enriching the banking experience for millions of customers
- You have the patience to work on a large-scale product as part of a big organization
- You’re comfortable with new technologies
- You have a deep pride in your craft
- You enjoy thinking outside the box
- You’re flexible and able to pivot and adapt to change
- You’re accountable for and take ownership of your work
- You're eager to learn, mentor, and share your ideas in a team environment
- You have open and transparent communication, including the ability to distil technical details into human terms
- You understand that software development is a collaborative effort, and enjoy working alongside people with different skillsets
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- 4 or more years of NodeJS & microservices development experience and deploying them in cloud (native or hybrid) environments
- You are experienced with REST API design using Open API Specification and you stay on top of updates to the specification
- You have experience with at least one NodeJS framework, preferably ExpressJS and have experience with developing real-time applications using NodeJS
- You have experience working with authenticated, customer focused applications and know various authentication standards such as OAuth and OIDC
- You have experience with creating robust, highly available & highly scalable applications serving million plus customers/end users
- You have knowledge of DevOps principles such as CI/CD and have the willingness to get your hands dirty with managing Jenkins pipelines & security scanners
- You know and have hands on experience with different programming paradigms such as Object Oriented programming, Functional programming
- You’ve used modern JS toolsets (ES6+, Webpack, Yarn, Lerna, Linters & Loggers)
- You have strong written technical documentation skills, including clearly articulating current and proposed architecture and codifying conventions and best practices
- Bonus points for knowledge of and experience with TypeScript
- Knowledge of containerization technologies -Docker & Microsoft Azure cloud platform is a plus
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent — not just a job — so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center