Kymeta's products use metamaterial technology to provide next generation satellite communications services using flat, thinner, lighter, and more efficient and less expensive solutions compared to traditional satellite antenna technologies. As a member of Kymeta's research and antenna design team, the Senior Antenna Engineer will apply skills and experience in development of state of the art electronically scanned antennas.
We are seeking creative, flexible individuals who enjoy working in a dynamic environment. The Senior Antenna Engineer will accept ownership of assigned projects and apply initiative in developing solutions from conception thru hardware qualification. The ideal candidate will champion ideas in a multifunctional work environment, participate in development of design verification prototypes, and collaborate with software, system and mechanical engineers.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Design and implementation of Metamaterial based holographic beam steering antennas
- Development of new beamforming techniques and algorithms for dynamic beam steering antennas
- Prototype and hardware development in collaboration with mechanical and process engineers for small scale proof of concept and full-scale antenna prototypes
- Collaborate with test engineers to conduct comprehensive farfield and nearfield measurements
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with design and hardware implementation of array antennas and passive microwave devices in Ku to Ka band. Experience with electronically scanned antenna is a significant plus.
- Ability to develop analytical models for wave propagation and beam steering antennas
- Expert level experience in using computational electromagnetic RF tools
- Experienced in scientific and numerical programming languages such as Python and Matlab
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with engineers in a cross-functional team
- Ability to prioritize concurrent activities and operate in a self-directed manner
- Master in Electrical Engineering with 3+ years of experience in Ku or Ka band antenna design or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, Optics or Applied Mathematics