Since 2003, Skype has been synonymous with communication and connecting people. Every day, millions of individuals and businesses use Skype and Skype for Business to make video and voice calls, send instant messages, share files and collaborate. Skype is the ultimate connectivity tool that spans cultures, countries, and continents. Today, a large portion of the Internet-connected world is on Skype but we have even bolder ambitions! To realize them, we are aggressively looking for stellar Android apps software engineers. If you are passionate about apps and great at building Android apps, we want to hear from you!
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Skype for Android team, you will:
- Architect, design, and implement software systems, components and apps that run on Android.
- Architect, design and implement in-app instrumentation and telemetry
- Identify, debug and fix defects. Derive systemic problematic patterns and work on eradicating them.
- Be a visible technical leader. Mentor and coach junior engineers on the team.
- Work towards maintaining a friendly, supportive environment. We care about the career trajectory and development of our engineers!
- Get to have a meaningful impact on one of the most popular and loved apps in the world - Skype for Android!
- CS graduate or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to apply CS concepts, data structures and algorithms in order to solve hard programing problems in a clean, pragmatic way.
- 4+ years of mobile apps development and testing experience on Android
- 10+ years of software engineeringexperience
- Fluency in Java
- Ability to employ a structured approach to solving technical problems
- Strong passion for software quality, combined with agile delivery
- Strong attention to detail. Passion for pixel-perfection and apps craftsmanship
- Knowledge of / passion about Material Design
- Knowledge of / experience with unit testing, mocking and dependency injection frameworks
- Knowledge of / experience with mobile apps design patterns (MVVM-S, etc.) is a big plus
- Knowledge of / experience with Android and / or React is a big plus
- Experienceworking with cross-functional, geographically diverse teams is a big plus too