About the team:
We're a small team that cares about collaboration, encourages curiosity, celebrates technical excellence, and is driven by careful attention to detail and planning for the future. We believe diversity of perspective and experience are key to building great technology and believe that the best way to iterate towards success is by taking care of ourselves, our families, our users, and one another.
What you'll do:
- Build and improve tools for video creators that combine high-quality user experience with performance and scalability
- Work closely with our Design and Product teams to move projects from conception to launch, then iterate and test new features
- You'll be designing and building an improved architecture for significant parts of our stack to ensure its effectiveness for years to come.
- Grow technically and professionally in a collaborative and inclusive environment with opportunities to learn and share with others
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Have extensive experience designing and implementing systems with clarity, reusability, testability, and scalability in mind
- Are able to communicate and collaborate respectfully and effectively with both technical and non-technical teams
- Mastery of Kotlin
- Have experience with relational database systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc) and data modeling techniques
- Have experience with at least one server-side programming language (PHP, Python, Go, Java, Ruby, Node, etc)
- In-depth experience with multithreaded and networked applications
- Have strong organizational ability and can break up projects into manageable pieces and complete them in a timely manner
- Pay great attention to detail–whether building a tool for reviewing videos or processing subscription payments, the details are crucial on a team entrusted with supporting the work of hundreds of thousands of professional videographers and businesses