PAX Labs is an award-winning, consumer technology brand that supportsresponsible, adult use. Our products represent the gold standard in product quality and we aim to move the space beyond unfortunate stereotypes of cannabis users. Most of all, we want to be good stewards for a product and movement that enhances many people’s lives.
Headquartered in San Francisco, PAX is backed by leading technologyinvestors including Fidelity Investments, Tiger Global and Tao Invest (Pritzker family fund). We are an exceptional team with hardware and software backgrounds in consumer technology, healthcare, and biotech, and are growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. Our internal culture values diversity, integrity, having an impact, and passion for the larger movement that PAX is a part of.
PAX Labs has an exciting opportunity for a seasoned software engineer building hardware connected mobile applications. The ideal candidate has a passion for building Bluetooth-enabled mobile applications for Android, has experience leading and mentoring software engineers and can make the best use of the latest technologies, services, and software development processes available to deliver sleek, functional and exciting mobileexperiences for our customers.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated engineer who can tackle interesting challenges head-on. S/he enjoys the comradery and collaborative nature of the startup life.
- Establish core architecture, development frameworks, iterative software development and deployment best practices
- Implement new features and improve existing codebase on the Android app
- Conduct code reviews and ensure high-quality binary releases to app stores
- Collaborate with hardware/firmware engineering, product design, marketing, customer support and e-commerce teams on new feature development and app roadmap
Required Skills and Experience:
- Write clear, concise, reusable and maintainable code
- Fluent in Java and Android development frameworks
- Strong computer science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, concurrency and memory management
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical problem solving and communication skills
- Experience debugging and performance tuning Android applications
- Must be a strong, self-motivated individual that can work with minimum day to day supervision and able to objectively rank and prioritize development work
- 5+ years software development experience on the Android platform
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related fields or equivalent work experience
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Kotlin
- Proven Test Driven Development skills, working with frameworks such as Espresso, Mockito, etc
- Experience interfacing with RESTful services and other backend APIs
- Familiarity with Android Bluetooth Low Energy communication APIs
PAX Labs Perks & Benefits:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits, and discounts on PAX products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities.