As a software engineer for Android, you will build and maintain Wallet app for Android, that lets our users manage cryptographic identities, securely store digital assets, and interface with decentralized applications. You'll work closely with our product and design teams to identify what our customers need, and work cross functionally with other engineering and non-engineering teams to ship new features to the Wallet app. If you're passionate about cryptocurrency, the decentralized web, hard engineering problems, and building great user experiences, we should talk.
A little about our team: We take continuous learning to heart - every day in our world brings new ideas and opportunities. We take personal ownership of our mission and truly believe we will deliver on it. We also value positive energy, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background.
- Design improvements to our existing product by thinking from first principles and focusing on our customer's needs.
- Turn design ideas into features that scale to millions of users by working closely with engineers on both mobile and backend teams.
- Collaborate with senior engineering leaders to chart a long term vision for maintaining and scaling the Wallet mobile app.
- Work with engineers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in developing native mobile applications with Java, Kotlin, Rx, and working within a team environment.
- You're familiar with mobile product and design lifecycles, and collaborating closely with designers and product managers.
- You have experience shipping mobile apps to a large user base.
- You write high quality code with unit and automated tests.
- You're comfortable with identifying and fixing performance bottlenecks.
- You're passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
NIce To Haves:
- You have worked on mobile products with a focus on finance, security, or user experience.
- You have experience in building apps that interact with blockchain technologies such as Bitcoin or Ethereum.
- You also know how to, or want to, develop on iOS (Swift), Golang and TypeScript.
- You have experience in basic cryptography.
- You are familiar with terms like UTXO, gas limit, Web3, BIP39, and ERC20.