World Wide Technology Inc has opportunities for a highly motivated Android developer. Candidate will be responsible for the analysis of business, engineering, and scientific problems, and the documentation and development of well-defined methods, procedures, and programs in the delivery of practical systems solutions. Should have experience with hands-on native app development in Kotlin / Java using the Android SDK. This includes detailed software design, developing code with unit tests to implement the design, correcting flaws based on requirements testing, and integrating the applications.
The following knowledge skills and attributes are required:
- A minimum of 5 years of professional native Android development experience in Kotlin or Java using the Android SDK.
- 1 to 3 years of development experience using Kotlin.
- Experience with modern Android architectural patterns (Android Architecture Components).
- Experience with releasing applications to the Google Play Store.
- Experience with automated build process, unit testing, source code analysis, and obfuscation.
- Experience under formal software development processes.
- Experience with multiple platform development environments, including Linux, Mac OS and/or Windows.
- Ability to work in an agile environment.
- Proven ability to produce quality documents using a variety of media, text and tools with a minimum of errors.
- Able to support occasional domestic travel (up to ~10%) in support of project related activities which often include project kickoffs, releases, meetings, and training. Additional travel may be required for new hires for employee onboarding activities. Travel is most often to client sites or to our facilities.
The following knowledge skills and attributes are preferred:
- Passionate about delivering a high-quality user experience.
- Expert level knowledge of Kotlin.
- Familiarity with modern Android development & libraries (LiveData, RxJava, Dagger 2, etc.)
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture, JSON and XML.
- Familiarity with web technologies, HTML and web scripting languages
- Critical thinker with the ability to demystify complex technical requirements.
- Excellent personal presence with proven ability to work with all levels of management internally and externally.
- Highly motivated and dependable with exceptional communication.
- A self-starter that relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish individual and team goals.