Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team
We are seeking an expert developer to work in our mobile development team within the CTS organization. As part of the team, you will deliver solutions for a variety of customer facing projects across TDCT, TD Insurance, TD Bank America’s Most Convenient Bank and Wealth Management. The key platforms include Mobile Banking, Mobile Direct Investing, Mobile Payments and Mobile for Everyone. You will have some experience in developing solutions and working in a cross-functional team environment.
About This Role
We are seeking a Senior Androiddeveloper to work in our mobile development team within the CTS organization. As part of the team, you will design and deliver solutions for a variety of projects related to our mobilebanking platform. You will have experience in developing native Android solutions and proven experience leading others.
- Prime contact with technical experts, project teams, business and outside vendors, providing leadership, guidance and direction
- Work independently and often autonomously as the senior or lead developer and coach/guide team members within area of expertise
- Overall accountability for the delivery of the solution design and deliverables.
- In conjunction with architects and managers provide effort estimates for new projects and initiatives
- Consult on development of the System Requirements Specification (SRS). Work closely with Business analyst to translate business requirements into timely and robust technical solutions
- Lead the creation of a comprehensive end-to-end solution and coordinate with Solution Architects and other Solution Designers as required driving the creation of the System Design Specification [SDS]
- Work with developers to ensure that the detailed technical design is fully understood and the development initiatives are in line with the intended design and standards
- Ensure team members adhere to guidelines/procedures on highly complex or large scale projects complying with the system development life cycle (SDLC) and project management methodology (PMLC)
- Conduct code reviews to ensure quality, standards compliance, re-usability and ease of maintenance
- Deliver effective and efficient solutions by meeting key project milestones and ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget, and adhere to the corporate quality and security standards
- Continuously enhance knowledge/expertise in own area and keep current with leading-edge technologies trends/developments and develop expertise in TD services, applications, infrastructure, analytical tools and techniques that can contribute to effective solution design/delivery
- Provide technical support for escalated incidents/outages to ensure that they are resolved efficiently with minimal impact to stakeholders
- Provide input into the Application Deployment Plan
- Work on a broad range of tasks and multiple, concurrent projects. Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines
- Support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
- Participate in knowledge transfer within the team and business units
- Minimum 5years’ experience in Android SDK development, Mobile development and minimum 3years in JSON/Java/J2EE/DB web application development
- Experience with Android front-end development
- Knowledge of MFC frameworks such as AngularJS, Backbone.
- Experience with Web services: REST, JAX-RS, XML-RPC, JSON-RPC, SOAP), JDBC,
- Strong knowledge of object oriented analysis and design, implementation and maintenance
- Experience with build processes, continuous integration and source control systems (MKS or GIT an asset)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in leading/mentoring technical team members
- A University or College degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
Nice to have:
- Development tools: Android Studio, Gradle, Ant/Maven, Stash, GIT, MKS
- Development and platforms: Windows, Unix/Linux, Websphere, Jboss
- Exposure to mobilearchitecture concepts
- Experience working with a distributed team with both onshore and offshore developers.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to work within and lead highly effective internal teams and vendors.
- Expert in client architecture
- Expert understanding of performance issues, and real-world experience designing systems to handle massive scale
- Ability to prioritize job duties and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable working on large scale, multi-component complex distributed systems
- Ability and willingness to understand and acquire new technical skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced/often changing environment.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with teams that may be split between Toronto, Mississauga and London locations.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, customer oriented
- Proven analytic and problem solving skills.
- Well organized, self-motivated, strong team player.
- Thorough understanding of PMLC and SDLC processes.
- Some project management experience would be an asset.
- Experience in the financial services industry an asset