DMI is looking for a Senior Android Developer to support our customer in Milwaukee, WI.
The following are tasks position is responsible for -
- Work in a collaborative development team with all team members to iteratively construct software solutions.
- Work as part of an accomplished team of software engineers building prototypes, applications and experiences.
- Support and improve existing software through high level of ownership of assigned tasks from establishment through to completion.
- Build solutions that integrate seamlessly with brand products and experiences
- Take part in brainstorming sessions, hack-a-thons, sprint planning meetings and retrospectives
- Prepare and present periodic progress reports to both IT and business leadership
- Experience in Android – Native Application Development
- Experience with Bluetooth, Location Services and Advanced Battery mgmt.
- Experience with Sugar ORM or DB Flow
- Advance level skills in MVVM programing style, unit testing
- Recent apps in the app store
- Requires experience working with Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- A github profile or internet presence showing software development activities (optional – nice to have)
- Experience configuring, managing, and using Jenkins for continuous integration
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Management Information Systems (or related field), and 5+ years of related experience developing mobile applications in Android
- Requires strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong opinions regarding best practices for mobile application developers
- Experience with integration to REST and SOAP web services
- Experience with CLI and Open Source software tools
- Knowledge around continuous and automated deployments of mobile solutions
Job ID 2017-14542