About You and Position Summary:
You've worked with large amounts of data spread across a variety of systems and know that the real challenge is bringing that data together in a meaningful, visually appealing way to provide insights to your customers. You know how to apply linear regression but you also know that sometimes the best approach is plain old business logic. You've worked with a variety of charting / graphing libraries and enough grid user interfaces to have a passion for creating the intersection of data visualization and interactivity to give your users a delightful and informative experience when discovering insights about their data. In short, you love building real, working apps that surprise and amaze your customers.
Under general supervision of the Engineering Manager, the Analytics Engineer is an engineer who performs work assignments in one or more of the following areas: providing technical guidance and direction to other staff members; participating in project planning and requirements definition; system/application design, system/application development, unit testing, support during QA and User Acceptance Testing, implementation and integration; customer support for and technical expertise in end-user decision support software tools and end-user computing technology; conducting all activities in accordance with standards and procedures.
- Technical (90%)
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and support new software solutions and changes to existing software solutions
- Collaborate with team members and provide thoughtful discussion on tactics and strategies as they are selected
- Translate business requirements and product specifications into components of complex, loosely-coupled, distributed systems
- Work effectively across a broad spectrum of cutting-edge technologies and keep pace with evolving trends
- Write scalable, usable, robust systems
- Operational (10%)
- Troubleshoot technical issues in a variety of application environments
- B.S. in computer science or information systems required or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience in .NET development
- Experience working with Agile and/or Lean software development approaches
- Experience translating modern UX designs into user interfaces using Bootstrap, LESS, CSS, and HTML.
- Broad and deep web application development experience leveraging TypeScript, Angular and REST API's
- Comprehensive knowledge of C#, ASP.NET Core, .NET Web API, relational and NoSQL databases
- Previous experience with queuing technologies such as Azure Storage Queues, MSMQ or RabbitMQ
- Previous experience developing in cloud environments such as Azure or AWS
- Familiar with Hadoop, Spark, Hive, or other big data / analytic tools
- Familiar with web testing frameworks such as Protractor or Selenium
- Familiar with source control systems and tools, including Git, TFS or Visual Studio Team Services
- Familiar with Linux shell scripting and/or Python
- Familiar with BI tools like Tableau, Incorta, Kendo, D3
- Integrity: Gains the trust of others by taking responsibility for own actions and telling the truth.
- Teamwork: Builds relationships and works cooperatively with others, inside and outside the organization, to accomplish objectives to build and maintain mutually-beneficial partnerships, leverage information and achieve results.
- Adaptable: Responds to change with a willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work objectives with a positive attitude.
- Innovative: Ability to develop, sponsor, or support the introduction of new and improved methods, products, procedures or technologies.
- Curious: A desire to inquire and learn, to seek new knowledge and wisdom, and to listen to the contributions of others with a genuine interest to better self, the team, and the organization.
- Analytical and Critical Thinking: Ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Problem Solving: Gathers and analyzes information to generate and evaluate potential solutions to problems, issues and challenges while weighing the accuracy and relevance of the facts, data and information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the major job responsibilities (essential functions) of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the major job responsibilities. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is:
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands or arms.
- Regularly required to talk or hear and read instructions on a computer monitor and/or printed on paper.
- Occasionally required to stand, kneel or stoop, and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Frequently required to view items at an extremely close range and must be able to adjust and readjust focus.
Occasionally: Job requires this activity up to 33% of the time
Frequently: Job requires this activity between 33% - 66% of the time
Regularly: Job requires this activity more than 66% of the time
- Support a safe work environment by following safety rules and regulations and reporting all safety hazards.
As an Inmar Associate, you:
- Put clients first and consistently display a positive attitude and behaviors that demonstrate an awareness and willingness to listen and respond to clients in order to meet their short-term and long-term needs, requirements and exceed their expectations.
- Treat clients and teammates with courtesy, consideration and tact; you also have the ability to perceive the needs of internal and external clients and communicate effectively with the objective of delighting and retaining the client.
- Build collaborative relationships and work cooperatively with others, inside and outside the organization, to accomplish objectives, develop and maintain mutually-beneficial partnerships, leverage information and achieve results.
- Set and attain achievable, yet aggressive, goals with a sense of urgency and accountability.
- Understand that results are important and focus on turning mission into action to achieve results following the principles of Flawless Execution while consistently complying with quality, service and productivity standards to meet deadlines and exceed expectations by giving our clients the best possible outcome.