About the role:
As part of the Platform Engineering Organization, the Analytics Eng Team seeks to make actionable data-driven insights easily accessible to every employee at Indigo. At the core of Indigo’s offerings, we are looking for someone that can learn, adapt, and operate in a dynamic environment. Our stack consists of Fivetran, custom pipelines, DBT-like modeling layer, Snowflake, and Looker.
In this role as a Sr. Analytics Engineer, you will be responsible for constructing data pipelines, building data products within our quickly growing data marts, and helping to support Analyst and Data Scientist stakeholders in an effort to shorten the path between questions and insights to unlock value from our internal data.
- Transform raw data into intuitive data marts and products in order to support multiple cross-functional teams
- Develop a deep understanding of the data resources in order to support our data scientists and analyst stakeholders
- Partner with stakeholders to produce scalable and maintainable data products
- Collaborate with our Data Governance team to enhance processes and patterns for the creation of data products
- Contribute to tooling discussions and requirements to advance internal tooling for the development of data products
- Execute projects end-to-end; validate problem statements, provide high-level solutions, and manage the project development
- Evangelize data-driven decisions and influence best practices for data development at Indigo
- Coach and mentor junior members of the team and stakeholders
- Strong sense of quality and attention to detail
- Understands data lifecycles (e.g. archiving, access, and cost of data management) and can manage / communicate these concerns to stakeholders
- Understands sparse data sets, storage mechanics, and the data needs for analytical applications
- Ability to run projects - including design, development, and deployment.
- Mentorship of junior developers, including both removing technical roadblocks and assisting with design.
- Familiarity with data warehousing methodologies
- Ability to work with stakeholders to gather requirements and iterate on designs in response to feedback
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive with an engrained sense of curiosity
- Willing to interface with many areas of organization to ensure our data is meaningful
- 5+ years of relevant industry or academic experience
- Comfortable writing and trouble shooting SQL
- Experience with version control software such as github
- Fundamental data architecture and design skills
- Familiarity with dbt or similar data transformation and data orchestration tool
- Comfortable working with and navigating complex schemas
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with data quality and ability to test that processes are correct
- Cloud data warehouse experience
- Worked with BI Platforms - Looker, Mode, Tableau, etc