Are you passionate about healthcare, and looking for a place where you can contribute to systemic change?Looking for opportunities to use cutting edge technologies analyzing petabytes of data in a world class Hadoop cluster, generating insights to guide consumers in their journey to wellness and help them achieve their health ambitions, whether it’s running the Inca Trail Marathon or playing tackle football with their grandkids?Aetna’s Analytics & Behavior Change is focused on delivering strategically impactful programs and tools to help our members across all life stages feel the joy of achieving their best health, in their own way.
We are currently looking for an exceptional Senior Analytics Consultant in our New York City offices, who would apply consulting, analytic, and leadership expertise to drive business impact across a variety of strategic problems.
- Understands key drivers of business value and acts as an “analytics product owner,” contributing to team efforts to translating business opportunities into analytics projects
- Works with senior team members to structure analyses; identifying critical problems to be solved, best suited analytical approaches, and hypotheses to test
- Conducts quantitative analyses on a diverse array of topics leveraging large data sets
- Delivers high-quality analytical outputs and pushes analyses from output to synthesized insights which carry business implications
- Proactively problem-solves emerging issues or roadblocks in conducting analyses, navigating organization to find creative solutions
- Presents insights and clear recommendations to senior team members and business partners
- Autonomously leads business relationships to gather information and share/refine insights
- Minimum 3+ years total business experience
- MBA or Masters/PhD in Quantitative field (or equivalent work experience)
- 2+ years' experience in strategy consulting or corporate / analytics strategy roles
- Detailed knowledge of advanced analytic tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources
- Experience programming using R, Hadoop, Python, SQL, SAS
- Healthcare and/or insurance sector experience preferred but not required
- Strategic problem-solving mindset - Ability to conceptualize and validate potential opportunities and proactively anticipate/address problems and roadblocks before they occur
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, particularly in explaining complex analyses, insights or analytical concepts to senior executives.
MBA / Masters degree desired, PhD a plus