When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
We are seeking an analytical chemist with a strong ability to solve quantitativechemical problems using a variety of techniques. The ideal candidate would have a strong expertise in inductively coupled plasma spectroscopy (ICP-OES and ICP-MS) instrumentation and their application to solve chemical problems. Familiarity in other spectroscopic and analytical techniques is preferred.
- Support R&D activities directed towards the identification, development and commercialization of new products.
- Design experiments to solve chemical problems and deliver high quality analytical results.
- Develop ICP-MS and ICP-OES methods and solve chemical and process problems.
- Train technical support staff in QC.
- Maintain and operate ICP-MS and ICP-OES instruments for the ICP group and plant QC use.
- Utilize microwave and open beaker digestions to process various sample types.
- Utilize a glove box to work with pyrophoric samples.
- Provide training and consultation to chemists, technicians and engineers.
- Maintain excellence in safety, health and environment practices.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, preferably with a strong emphasis in ICP.
- Recent graduate with up to 2 years of experience past PhD.
- Good understanding of the fundamentals of ICP-MS and ICP-OES spectroscopy and instrumentation.
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical problem solving skills.
- Ability to balance individual and team responsibilities.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to interact and collaborate with an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Highly organized and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interest in challenges of industrial analytical chemistry for a wide variety of products.