About the Team
The Business Sales & Development Department is a very dynamic, highly-collaborative, and entrepreneurial group within Williams-Sonoma, Inc. The scope of the department's activity includes development of all business-to-business marketing and sales efforts of Williams-Sonoma, Inc. as well as management of all gift card-related activity for the company.
About the Role
The department is seeking a Business Analyst, whose primary responsibility is to drive business performance analyses and oversee reporting efforts within the department. The ideal candidate for this position is a highly-motivated, data-driven individual who will enjoy taking initiative as an individual contributor in a highly-collaborative and entrepreneurial team environment, working across multiple and diverse initiatives and projects concurrently. This position will report to the Director of Business Sales & Development.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
* Maintain and enhance reporting of departmental sales and key financial data, providing key trend forecasting for Business Sales division, including merchandise and gift card sales data.
* Responsible for maintaining reporting accuracy across a comprehensive reporting suite.
* Plan, monitor, and reforecast sales, expense, and capital budgets.
* Surface implications and provide insights to management on key performance variances.
* Prepare and present data to management, team, and cross-functional departments.
* Lead and/or coordinate ad hoc analyses on sales and marketing campaign metrics, including lift and ROI.
* Independently conduct market research for potential growth strategy projects.
* Independently conduct thorough category and competitive scans, summarizing key findings.
* Triangulate key findings and data points from various sources to surface new opportunities and advise on implications; synthesize basic PowerPoint presentations with key findings.
* Consult with key marketing and sales teams to help drive success across multiple initiatives.
* Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to identify new growth opportunities (e.g., international opportunities, new customer channels), conduct analyses to size and prioritize new initiatives.
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
* We're a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
* A technologically and data-driven business
* Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
* We're at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
* We're passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
* We get to be creative on a daily basis
* A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
* We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
* We have fun!
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
We're excited about you because...
* 6+ years solid business analysis experience, preferably from among the following industries: consumer market research, consumer packaged goods, retail, brand and/or management consulting.
* Very strong experience in Microsoft Excel and Access: ability to retrieve, summarize, and filter large amounts of data, and organize key data appropriately for management presentation.
* Solid knowledge of filtering, macros, pivot tables, sorting, and data tables. Data modeling experience a plus.
* Strong experience in Microsoft PowerPoint: ability to concisely summarize and visually present data and key findings. Solid knowledge of charting and graphs.
* Solid communicator and team player, with ability to manage tasks efficiently and independently; multi-tasking on a broad scope of projects.
* Bachelor's degree required.
About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the home. Our family of brands includes Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room, and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. In 2017, we acquired Outward, Inc., a 3-D imaging and augmented reality platform for the home furnishings and décor industry. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
Once you are here, you can look forward to a wide variety of benefits. Our corporate vision--to enhance our customers' quality of life at home--extends to the lives of our associates. To that end, we offer an extensive benefits package designed to help you grow, personally and professionally, to keep you healthy, to prepare you for the unexpected, to care for your family and to build a secure future. Depending on your position and your location, here's a look at what you might be eligible for:
* A generous discount on all Williams Sonoma Inc. brands through multiple shopping channels
* A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
* Paid vacations, holidays and other time-off programs
* Health benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance; health and dependent care tax-free spending accounts; medical, family and bereavement leave; same-sex domestic partner benefits; short- and long-term disability programs; life and travel insurance; an employee assistance program
* Tax-free commuter benefits
* A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
* In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University, LearnIt and AcademyX
* Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
* Quarterly sample sales
* A business casual work environment
* A bike share program
* Time off to volunteer
* Matching donations to qualifying nonprofit organizations
* Company-sponsored walks and runs
* Healthy, organic options in the cafeteria and an awesome salad bar
* Discounts on nearby gyms and other local businesses
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or "sponsor" an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Requisition Number: SS-14758