The Senior Analyst’s responsibilities will include developing business cases, extracting cost data, billing data, patient demographic data, and other information from the Medical Center’s cost accounting database, as well as from various other dashboards or other Business/Clinical Intelligence tools. A critical component of this position is the ability to establish effective working relationships with staff who have a deep understanding of UCSF IT applications and databases, to develop the necessary knowledge for analyzing complex data sets.
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience in hospital or physician group finance, health insurance, health care consulting, or a related industry is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, Health Care Administration, Business information systems, or related field is required.
- Expert understanding of decision support systems, with knowledge of business statistics, quantitative methods, relational databases, business development scorecards, data modeling, and performance and profitability analysis.
- Expert knowledge of issues and aspects of clinical finance, planning, financial data management, budget development, and business development. Strong proficiency in utilizing the tools to produce comprehensive, studies and actionable intelligence.
- Highly advanced organizational and project management skills, and demonstrated ability to lead a team, prioritize tasks, and see projects through from inception to completion on schedule.
- Expert interpersonal skills, with the demonstrated ability to lead projects and teams and collaborate productively on highly complex projects with key personnel at all professional and technical levels.
- Highly developed written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to interpret and convey highly sophisticated technical and financial information in a clear, concise manner, and to make cogent presentations of analyses, reports, and investigation results.
- Highly developed problem-solving skills analytical ability, and in-depth knowledge of documentation and reporting, with the proven ability to run highly complex queries and studies, to collect and analyze financial and performance data, and to produce relevant, meaningful reports, analyses, and forecasts.
- Maintains a deep expertise ability to work with senior staff and managers across departments, serving as a technical expert and information resource in decision support, and providing recommendations and advice on decision support processes, business and financial issues, and industry trends and advances.
- A strong understanding of cost accounting concepts, as well as financial modeling techniques such as discounted cash flow/net present value and internal return on investment, is preferred.
- EPSI cost accounting system or other hospital cost accounting system experience is highly desirable.