O Fallon, MO
Not Specified years
Posted 272 days ago
This position is a member of the MasterCard leadership focusing on Mastercard Send product development. The objectives for this role is to direct and lead development feature teams in St. Louis. Candidates should have extensive experience with software design & architecture and leading delivery of critical initiatives.
• Provide leadership and direction to software development teams in the development of Send product and platform
• Work closely with product and architecture teams on product definition, product roadmaps, technical design, and overall execution for the team.
• Ensure system design is scalable with the goal of zero down time in production.
• Define a key set of quality and performance metrics for the software development organization
• Identify and recruit top notch talent to build a world class software engineering team
• Respond to operational and business concerns/issues to ensure consistent delivery of quality services
• Manage approved staffing levels, departmental and staff education, training and cross training needs
• Ensure budgets are managed to investment targets, ensuring the team complies with all financial management processes
• Ensure that staff has skills and behaviors to perform tasks fully through effective communication of goals, objectives, performance and, as necessary, improvement plans.
• Ensure development supports all appropriate certifications and compliance requirements, including those for PCI, GLBA, Safe Harbor, and others.
All about you
• Extensive experience in designing and developing consumer facing products is a must have.
• Experience in leading API based solutions development. Building Java based services is MUST.
• Experience in leading teams in software development for customer facing products
• Experience with software development methodologies, particularly with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
• Proven ability to lead large development efforts and the ability to work effectively with all areas within MasterCard Technologies, Corporate Groups and outside solution providers.
• Experience developing and managing project budgets covering multiple discipline areas.
• Experience in software delivery.
• Understanding of and extensive experience with Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies.
• Proven verbal and written communications skills are a requirement for this role and experience with the following deliverables is critical: requirements documents, design documents, product roadmaps, and project financial analysis.
• Ability to acquire and retain top talent.
• Management skills necessary to provide functional and directional guidance to direct and indirect staff.
• Ability to set direction and assure appropriate business outcomes of large or complex projects.
• Ability to approve and implement policy and provide strategic direction for the organization.