This position will provide support for the AMCOM Logistics Center (ALC) with the review, verification/validation, and preparation of Technical Publication Materials for modifications for all supported customers.
Specific duties inlcude:
- Establish style guidelines and standards for technical manual (TM) and other publication text and illustrations in compliance with all military standards and regulations.
Verify accuracy of technical documentation to ensure that it is complete, meets editorial and government specifications, and adheres to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, content format, and style format.
- Perform in-process reviews of developing material with technical writers and graphics development personnel to ensure documents will be within the scope and understanding of users.
- Provide support documentation such as Military Specifications, Statements of Work (SOWs), Military Handbooks, or Performance Specifications when guidance/recommendations are made as justification for changes to any technical publications material.
- Review engineering drawings and recommended changes to publications, and compare the contents to the text to provide guidance on capturing information for all procedural requirements to be incorporated in technical content for AMCOM weapon systems, to include all variations and modifications.
- Interpret recommended changes to technical publications, adjudicate comments, and interface with publication production personnel to correctly incorporate approved changes.
- Provide recommendations for technical content, flow, and format in accordance with military standards; document deficiencies; and provide daily updates to the Technical Documentation Lead.
- Interface as directed with specified others to ensure documentation and clarity are captured during the validation and verification process for technical manuals and provide guidance on verbiage and structure of the documents.
- Participate in the validation and/or verification process of Modification Work Orders (MWOs), Depot Maintenance Work Requirements (DMWRs), Technical Manual (TMs), and other publications, and participate in Guidance Conferences, In Progress Reviews (IPR), working groups, and related meetings.
- Conduct in-process review verifications, on-site (and off-site as necessary) meetings (table top reviews), and hands-on maintenance reviews, and provide subject matter expert (SME) guidance on acceptance or rejection of publications material from the Original Equipment Manufacturer.
- Review and coordinate with Government Publications Services, Government project/program office(s), and military personnel to verify accuracy of text and graphics within each technical manual prior to release.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of technical publications being managed, developed, and updated, and deliver regular status reports to Government lead.
- Work with electronic publications, including electronic TMs (ETMs), interactive ETMs (IETMs), in portable document file (PDF) format, standard generalized markup language (SGML), and extensible markup language (XML).
- Ability to work in a semi-autonomous environment.
- TDY may be required.
- BS/BA degree with eight years of relevant experience.
- High School with 11 years of relevant experience.
- Active Secret
Preferred but not required for aviation program support:
- Knowledge of Army aviation-related technical manuals.
- Previous experience in aviation field.
- Aviation crewmember experience a plus.