We are seeking a Senior Analyst, Tax Technology to address and support the technology and automation vision and needs of Netflix's Tax Department. The role will report to the Manager, Tax Technology, and will work closely with the entire Tax team & various engineering teams to identify workflow efficiency opportunities for improvement, streamlining and automation. The successful candidate will work with the various Tax groups: Domestic Tax, International Tax, Production Tax, Mobility/Employment Tax and Stock who are spread throughout our offices in Los Gatos, Los Angeles, Brazil, Amsterdam and Singapore.
The ideal candidate for this role would be someone with:
- a strong and well-rounded tax experience and knowledge/understanding
- great project management skills
- a "data mindset"
- the ability to build strong relationships and collaborate/communicate with both the business users and engineers in translating and building out user requirements into "best in class" end products and workflows
- Curiosity and passion for technology, automation, innovation and efficiency
- Project management and implementation of multiple projects while maintaining prioritization goals both for the team and for tax as a whole
- Work closely with tax business users to understand use cases for automation
- Work closely with engineers to build out project plans and requirements to fruition in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist with requirements gathering and design of automation projects, as well as testing of functionalities built
- Recommend alternatives to users and engineers to build out the best products and workflows
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of emerging technologies such as Robotic Process Automation (i.e. Automation Anywhere), ETL tools (i.e. Alteryx), and Data Analytics (i.e. Tableau).
- Sync with engineers to be "in the know" of latest technological developments available within the company that could address users' needs and further innovation
- Liaise with both tax users and engineers for troubleshooting and issue resolution
- Some domestic and international travel required (as needed)
Qualities We're Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or relevant field, CPA is a plus
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Detail oriented and curious to ask the right and probing questions
- Agile, self-driven, proactive and collaborative to manage multiple projects and getting the projects live effectively and efficiently
- Passion and aptitude for tax technology, tax data management and tax process best practices
- Effective communicator with strong organization, problem-solving, and public speaking skills.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, manage competing priorities, and navigate areas of uncertainty.
- Tax (including public accounting) and entertainment industry experience is strongly preferred
- Systems implementation experience is strongly preferred
- Tableau, RPA and other emerging technologies experience is a plus
- Workday knowledge and experience is a plus.