Financial Analysts ensure that Google makes sound financial decisions. As a Financial Analyst, your work, whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. A master juggler working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to take on big picture challenges.
Analysts in Finance ensure that Google makes sound financial decisions. As a Senior Analyst, your work, whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. You will be focused on the details while finding creative ways to take on big picture challenges.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in Consumer Hardware — one of Google’s most exciting product areas. This area includes Pixel, Chromecast, Google Home, Google Wi-Fi, Glass, Daydream Virtual Reality, and more. You will design and build critical financialinfrastructure to support the business and work closely with the Supply Chain team to track performance and ensure optimal cost structures as well as overall sound decision-making.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Partner with the Supply Chain team to build transparency into, evaluate, and make recommendations on all areas impacting costs of goods sold. Conduct supplier analysis, short and long-term projections, investment strategies, cost and margin structure optimization.
- Support Supply Chain teams as the primary finance lead in contract consultations including sourcing and product operations.
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual financialprocesses, including annual planning, compliance, and management reporting. Drive visibility into business performance and resource planning decisions.
- Drive actionable analyses and recommendations for cost reduction opportunities, risks, investment prioritization, resource optimization and efficiency improvements. Inform consultations via competitive analysis and should-cost analysis.
- Partner closely with other Finance and Accounting team to ensure Google’s accounting, compliance and other financial requirements are appropriately supported.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience of working with supply chains, retailers and consumer hardware.
- MBA degree.
- 5 years of relevant work experience, including in finance/accounting, management consulting, investment banking, or similar environment.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment, and to drive complex operational initiatives.
- Ability to take charge, set objectives and drive results.
- Developed business judgment and ability to communicate effectively with business partners. Ability to resolve conflicts diplomatically.
- Effective organization skills, detail-oriented and strategically focused. Developed business partnering skills.