Responsible for specializing in understanding the business usage of information technology and enabling technology to add value to the business. This role has a focus on eliciting requirements and architecting technology solutions according to identified business needs in collaboration with Process Owners, Developers, Vendors and stakeholders. Based on sound analysis, this role will provide technical oversight and guidance and lead the technical implementation, and support the adoption and on-going use of application systems while adhering to CSL governance standards. This role is also primarily responsible for maintaining a functional, reliable, and cost effective technology environment for the areas assigned and for identifying improvements as appropriate. The individual in this role is expected to work independently on projects and problems of diverse scope while guiding more junior staff in Business Systems Analysis and solution architecting.
1. Analysing and Defining Requirements Responsible for the elicitation and analysis of business requirements in collaboration with various stakeholders and effectively translates these into functional requirements of the target solution. Identifies and establishes scope and parameters of systems analysis to define outcome criteria and measure-taking actions. Leads and coordinates a team utilizing internal and external resources to deliver systems analysis and solution design.
2. Drafting and Designing Responsible for identifying the design of the target solution and preparing the required system design documentation (architectural specifications, diagrams and charts, functional and configuration specifications) to ensure the visualization of the technical implementation of user requirements, and to provide direction to system programmers. Collaborates with Infrastructure specialists and directs as appropriate to deliver the target technology environment. Implements the design by means of configuration and software development using internal and Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. external resources.
3. Testing and Validation Contributes to the compilation of validation planning in agreement with a Quality position. Controls and monitors the implementation of the defined measures in the validation plan. Prepares test cases and scripts that are relevant to the design and functional requirements while adhering to CSL defined quality and governance standards and procedures. Collaborates with Process Owners/Business stakeholders to ensure test applicability. Coordinates or conducts system functional testing with internal or external resources as appropriate.
4. Training Prepares training materials and user manuals. Designs and conducts user training sessions, with emphasis on relating the configuration and technical setup to the functional/business requirements and defined CSL enterprise application standards.
5. Operations and Support Responsible and accountable for the ongoing operation and maintenance of applications for the assigned IT functional areas. This includes providing 2nd or 3rd level incident support, change management, and maintaining the upkeep of technical records and documentation. Proactively communicates the status of ongoing daily support and problem resolution. Ensures effective problem analysis and resolution of issues of diverse scope in a timely fashion and escalates issues when needed to appropriate levels of IT or Business. Provides off hours support as it relates to IT functional area.
6. Project Work Assumes project responsibilities as assigned for small to large scale projects (in terms of cost, scope, complexity and business criticality), that are either locally or globally managed. Performs matrix roles as assigned for local and global projects. Contributes to the definition of plans and manages projects involving all aspects of the technical solution including data sourcing, migration, design, implementation, and quality assurance.
7. Team Work Leads by example in working collaboratively with internal employees, vendors, and consultants to effectively implement solutions. Develops and maintains mutually productive relationships in the workplace. Builds and leverages their own networks of expertise formed with other senior internal and external personnel for the benefit of the team. May contribute to departmental budget and resource planning, as directed.
8. Innovation Directs and conducts research and analysis on new and innovative solutions, releases, enhancements and considers their applicability to CSL. Leads the identification and implementation of means to improve the qualities and efficiencies of IT processes, systems, and results. Keeps abreast of current technologies and professional concepts as it relates to the assigned IT functional area. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
9. Maintain Regulatory Compliance Effectively follow global IT procedures and policies are followed consistently as defined by our Quality Management System (QMS). Follows the appropriate global regulatory guidelines and current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP).
10. Strategic Conducts directed investigational activities to support the development of enterprise-wide application strategies, designs, and plans that can be integrated with and support Business strategies and the resulting Application Portfolio. Is responsible for engaging with Application vendors in alignment with CSL and CSL stakeholders and strategy.
Position Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
Provide hiring requirements for the specified position, including educational, experiential, and competency requirements necessary for the position. EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; educational concentration in a computer-based discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Information Systems) or a technical discipline (e.g. Engineering, Mathematics) is preferred. Experience 5+ years of experience in IT working within an applicable function that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position. Pharma/Biotech or similarly regulated environment experiencepreferred.
• Communicates Effectively
• Manages Complexity
• Plans & Aligns
• Situational Adaptability
• Manages Ambiguity
• Negotiating The level of core competencies will be based on level of role. Skills
• Computer literacy with Microsoft Office products, such as Project, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Excel, and Visio. • Knowledgeable in all aspects of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Business Systems Analyst & Solution Architect related Functional/Technical Skills. The level of core skills will be based on level of role.
Minimum requirements and flexible working hours will be considered as related to our EEO policy. CSL will provide equal employment opportunity for all persons without discrimination on the basis of membership in a legally protected class, including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, or handicap/disability. CSL is committed to ensuring that diversity and inclusion are a part of our everyday business