Gerber Technology LLC is a world leader in providing sophisticated automated solutions through our hardware and software systems to automate and more effectively manage product design and manufacturing processes with CAD software for pattern design, automated material spreading systems and computer-controlled cutting systems. With employees in 18 countries, the company has annual revenue of $260M, serves 25,000 customers including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies, in the aerospace, apparel, retail, composites, packaging, furniture, technical textiles and transportation interiors industries in 130 countries.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Analyst, Service in our Tolland CT headquarters. Local candidates only; no relocation assistance provided.
Senior Analyst, Service
As Senior Analyst you will: support the Gerber Service organization through a major period of transformation leveraging your Service Operations background and business acumen to customize reporting and to meet operational and financial business objectives; Improve the visibility and accuracy of information, and rely on your extensive business experience to understand the core processes and look for areas of improvement, as well as to avoid risks; Develop strong partnerships with the Service Management Team and across the functional areas of service contracts, engineering, supply chain and finance, and bridge the IT service organization to increase customer serviceability and meet the needs of the organization through the period of transition and on-going.
- Key advisor to/collaborator with VP of Gerber Service and other members of the Service Management Team.
- Serves as the “SAP expert” unlocking SAP functionality to improve overall performance and drive system automation.
- Serves as the “Service Automation Platform expert” unlocking application functionality to improve overall performance and drive service efficiency and profitability.
- Collaborate with the Service management team to define and document service automation platform requirements, manage vendor solicitation, product demonstrations, proposal scoring and vendor/product selection.
- Identifies efficient and creative ways to streamline processes, reduce cost, and define and develop business metrics.
- Provide expertise and counsel to end users (internal customers) in defining business requirements and converting them into functional and technical design specifications
- Analyze current service business processes and initiate discussions with end users to define requirements and recommend SAP best practices to further automate and simplify routine tasks.
- Proposes, designs and Implements SAP process solutions to improve inventory management and supply chain responsiveness.
- Lead projects to implement new or enhanced system functionality, facilitate design sessions and lead business modeling efforts, and provide end user training.
- Coordinate project schedule, project plans and project delivery resource plans for the Service department project portfolio.
- Serve as liaison between the Service organization, Gerber IT and Gerber’s AMS provider.
- Perform system enhancements including configuration changes, to ensure proper and correct system functionality, and troubleshoot system issues
- Perform testing and resolve issues by researching SAP OSS notes and/or configuration changes
- Support the end users by developing and submitting report specifications to the IT Development staff – knowledge and experience with end-user reporting tools a strong plus
- Collaborate with IT team on project delivery framework and project portfolio management.
- Adhere to IT SDLC methodology and maintain change management documentation, as per Gerber’s IT SOX policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field; MBA or Masters strongly preferred.
- Must have 5 years of progressive work experience in Service function for a complex international manufacturing company, with broad understanding of other functional relationships. Must demonstrate solid understanding of business needs and workflow; and be experienced in liaising with these functions to provide recommendations for how IT can serve the business. Prior work experience in the fashion and sewn-good industry strongly preferred, with knowledge of Gerber products, platforms, and business services.
- 5+ years of experience with SAP release 5.0 or above in SAP SM Module.
- 5+ years of experience working in a global multi-site manufacturing/distribution environment
- SAP ECC6.0 and experience/solid understanding of enhancement packs 1/2/3/4/5.
- SAP S/4 HANA experience is a plus.
- Thorough working knowledge of the entire customer service business process and components including service notifications, service orders, service & warranty contracts & pricing procedures.
- Experience with eBusiness tools and best of breed applications interfacing to SAP
- Understanding of the master data objects and relationships in SAP SM.
- Process improvement experience including current state and to be mapping
- Ability to lead strategic initiatives that meet business objectives and provide measurable results.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of other SAP modules highly desirable
- Able to obtain root-cause explanation for performance variances