Quidel Corporation is a leading manufacturer of diagnostic healthcare solutions serving to enhance the health and well being of people around the globe with well known and respected products that provide healthcare professionals withaccurate and cost-effective diagnostic information at the point of care (POC). Our core competencies and capabilities focus on immunoassay and molecular testing in the areas of: infectious disease, cardiology, women’s health, and virology. The Senior Analyst, Sales Operations will perform analysis of sales accounts, territories, quotas, actual sales performance, regional analytics, forecasting, business support, variance analysis and other business intelligence activities. Using knowledge of the company’s systems, the Sr. Analyst extracts data from various systems to provide recommendations for improved effectiveness of processes and analysis. Performs moderately complex statistical and financial analysis of reportsand data, and prepares subsequent narrative analysis for management. The position requires strong analytical and presentation skills as interfacing with multiple functions across the company is critical to the candidate’s success. This Sr. Analyst will also have an interest in combining financial systems skills with analytics to improve business processes and drive performance.
- Oversees and maintains the North American sales account, territory and quota setting processes.
- Extracts data from an array of databases to design and deliver reports and analysis which inform high-level business decisions in Sales, Marketing, and at senior leadership levels
- Provides analytics that inform sales strategy, tactics, and customer business reviews
- Generates monthly and weekly analytic insights on demand, with strong focus on sales force performance
- Works with Cognos and other ERPs systems todevelop and maintain existing and future reporting for Sr. Leadership and other internal partners
- Develops and enforces sales team processes toensure timely and accurate allocation of quotas and sales incentive payment calculations.
- Defines and collects metrics and key performance indicators that align with the goals of the business
- Analyzes the sales field’s performance and provides insight to drivers of variability. Reviews regional trends in ASP, volume and margin components and provides monthly commentary for management review.
- Works with Senior Manager and Sales Leadership tocollect various inputs and support the develop of annual sales incentive programs along with quota/goals by sales role.
- Develops and maintains reporting & tracking tools for variety of tasks including New Product Launch, Spiff Programs, Customer promotions, etc.
- Supports and/or creates tools to support the Contracts & Pricing team.
- Performs other special projects as assigned including in-depth sales & commercial operations performance. Participates in the resolution of issues and process improvement opportunities.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial and/or strategic analysis. Experience medical diagnostic/device industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or finance or related field is required. MBA preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with developing solid processes and data integrity
- Experience with quota setting and territory alignment strongly preferred.
- Ability to convert analyses and conclusions into easily understandable and persuasive presentations.
- Demonstrated experience in statistical analyses of quantitative research results
- Self-starter. Ability to work with minimal direction.
- Experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM system preferred.
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Excel for data manipulation including pivot tables, nested IF statements, V/H lookups.
- Advance Proficiency in Microsoft office, relational database understanding is required, and SQL a plus. Experience with IBM COGNOS preferred.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a deadlineintensive environment.
- Meticulous and highly curious, interested in identifying and exploring areas for operational improvement
- Demonstrated experience with developing solid processes and validating data.
- Strong analytical and communication skills to convey information effectively.
- Ability to distill large amounts of data and translate analysis into compelling presentations.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in financial modeling, strategic planning, and resource allocation.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to work cross functionally with all sales teams as well as marketing, product, research, and administrative teams