The Senior Analyst, Sales Operations is primarily responsible for the development and reporting of key performance indicators (KPIs) related to our commercial objectives and performance. These KPIs will be designed to uncover insights needed to make data-driven decisions on commercial objectives and priorities. Insights will cover a broad range of areas including Direct to Customer marketing (DTC), alignment and effectiveness of commercial incentives, organic demand generation, marketing campaigns, sales excellence (e.g. territory planning), field expansion, and patient segmentation.
Working in a dynamic, collaborative team environment, the successful candidate will support Insulet’s commercial success. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to comprehend business process and context, while also having the technical skills needed to develop and report-out insights at all levels of the organization. This is a hands-on role playing a key position in driving the growth of Insulet over the next several years!
- Understands company strategy, market opportunities, and corporate strategic imperatives.
- Drives linkage of corporate strategy to commercial objectives through KPIs and related insights.
- Builds and maintains strong rapport with commercial business partners in sales, marketing, market access, and customer care to develop KPIs in support of their respective initiatives to ensure ongoing operational needs are met.
- Drives continuous improvement, automation, and self-service of insights consumption for the commercial team with tools (e.g salesforce.com), reporting and training.
- Develops and maintains performance dashboards and comprehensive reporting
- Conducts analysis and makes recommendations for commercial initiatives to drive growth and achievement of commercial strategy and objectives.
- Proactively “connects the dots” across commercial teams & IT to drive alignment of strategy and tactics as well as inform prioritization decisions.
- Through insights and connectivity with commercial teams, identifies and evaluates fundamental underlying commercial challenges, providing recommendations for actions needed to improve and/or mitigate risk.
Education and Experience:
- At least 5+ years of experience working in commercial analytical roles of increasing responsibility.
- BS degree required, preferably in finance, accounting, marketing, economics, or information technology.
- Experience driving commercial/sales process improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and communicate KPIs, insights and related recommendations.
- Experience working with salesforce.com, and other analytical tools. Advanced Microsoft excel (including VBA), and salesforce.com dashboard and reporting skills preferred.
- Knowledge of salesforce.com concepts including standard object features, console configuration, workflows, validation rules, Process Builder, Visual Flow, reporting, security settings, role hierarchy, Salesforce Lightning preferred.
- Proven ability to provide business analysis and system development/configuration deliverables related to process improvement.
- Outstanding data management/analysis capabilities required
- Self-sufficient, flexible, and motivated team player capable of managing several activities simultaneously
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive focused, dynamic environment, consistently producing deliverables within agreed upon timelines
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiating skills are critical
- Ability to analyze business processes, design process improvements, and train business users on the new processes.
- Experience supporting or working with a commercial organization, preferably in the pharmaceutical, or medical device industry.
- Positive, results driven, rational, logical, team player
- Familiarity with Spotfire, and basic coding skills preferred.