Enables data-driven insights from historical and current retail pharmacy business activity. Helps business partners understand drivers and drags on retail pharmacy business performance.
- Enables enable data-driven insights from historical and current retail pharmacy business activity. Helps business partners understand drivers and drags on retail pharmacy business performance, such as:
- Learn internal data systems; develop foundational technical skills
- Query various internal databases to create analytical data sets which support project work; includes data cleaning
- Review analytical data sets to ensure figures are consistent with business performance metrics
- Formulating hypotheses and performing data analysis
- Presenting results to internal team; develop findings
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partner analysts to execute project work
- Client relationship management
- Develop business implications and recommendations
- Ensures that problematic issues for key initiatives are tracked, summarized and presented to management. Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Collaborates and shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes and operational efficiencies. Interacts with internal and external peers to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced business solutions/initiatives.
- Works on variable-sized project and may lead some aspects of project work streams, as necessary. Ensures project initiatives are completed within budget and on time to meet client’s needs.
- Communicates effectively and tailors communications appropriately to different audiences.
- Builds knowledge and understanding of the specified area and works with internal/external resources to build confidence in partners and build own abilities within area of responsibility.
- Mentors less experienced team members. May participate in teaching and training members of the work team.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Economics, or Finance and at least 3 years of experience with SAS or SQL and data management, or High School Diploma/GED and at least 6 years of experience with SAS or SQL and data management
- Experience with statistical software packages such as SAS, SPSS, and R.
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with statistical concepts, data mining and data cleaning techniques.
- Experience with MS Office Suite.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience communicating both verbally (on phone, one-on-one, to groups) and in writing (emails, letters, reports, presentations) to various audiences (work group and team).
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master’s Degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Economics, or Finance.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals in the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Knowledge of general business trends and requirements in support of a major business area such as Marketing, Merchandising, Healthcare, Ecommerce, Corporate Innovation, Finance, and Operations.
- Knowledge of the link between analysis and business impact.
- Experience developing presentations for various audience levels within an organization.