The Role in Brief:
Senior Research Analyst
EAB's research programs offer strategic guidance at scale: we help college and university executives make progress on their most pressing issues. Senior Research Analysts work on research products that drive clients' most financially and/or mission-consequential decisions. EAB research helps clients educate stakeholders on campus, make research-informed decisions, and speed the implementation of recommended practices.
As a Senior Research Analyst, you will support long-term research projects, manage research processes, and create compelling client-facing deliverables. You will use excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate advice to clients through presentations, written and data-driven deliverables, and phone consultations.
This role is based in Washington D.C. This position may require occasional travel (10-20%) to client college and university campuses.
- Independently lead in-depth interviews with education executives and write succinct and organized interview notes to communicate key learnings
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses (lit reviews, interviews, data analysis, etc.), interpret findings for team members, and pull out meaningful conclusions to larger research questions
- Contribute to research studies that synthesize complex ideas into actionable advice for clients
- Manage research processes on time (e.g., identifying and scheduling interviews, completing data analysis, creating member presentations, etc.)
- Meet deadlines to deliver high-quality internal and external project deliverables on time
- Collaborate with firm partners to manage internal processes related to client-facing events, deliverable production, web publishing, etc.
Communication and Delivery
- Write and edit clear internal and external deliverables, including emails, blog posts, insight pieces, white papers, benchmarking reports, interview notes, lit reviews, and other research documents
- Independently storyboard member-facing presentations to communicate research findings and use feedback from managers to improve final deliverables
- Communicate ideas clearly and logically using executive-focused language, tone, and channel through written deliverables, webinars, and presentations
- Bachelor's degree, with an excellent academic record
- 2+ years of experience or a Master's degree
- Experience with at least two of the following:
- Management or strategy consulting
- K-12 or higher education
- Project or event management
- Long-term and/or primary and secondary research
- Creating client-facing written and/or data-based deliverables
- MBA or Master's degree
- Experience working with education issues in a consulting or research setting
- Experience working in a team environment and as an individual contributor
- Excellent prioritization and time management especially in a fast-paced environment